New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rattrapante View Post
    The Gen 1 Everest and Ranger are known to be gas guzzlers, I had a Gen 1 Ranger too before and consumption is also similar around 5.5 to 6 km/L. The new CRDi models are defininetly much more fuel efficient. In the case of the Everest and Ranger, the CRDi version I think only came out 2 to 3 years ago.

I do agree with the other's if you are planning to loan it from the Bank, it's best to get brand new, interest is almost double for used cars and there is a shorte limit for loan duration. The duration is usually based on the age of the car.
    i had three Ford Ranger's with WLT turbo's and i always had 8km/l edsa traffic consumption and 12km/l highway driving consumption. im even always at hataw mode.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    if 5 yrs to pay buy brand new, dont ever think about buying 2nd hand sa ganong term, isipin mo nalang palaos na yung oto o pag minalas ka baka defective or flooded pa makuha mo tapos 5 years mo pa babayaran. Baka after 5 years bulok na at ang baba na ng value nya its not worth it i tell you. Take note iba ang interest rate ng 2nd hand vehicle mas mataas... baka 2 na nabili mo sa interest nyan.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    double post
    Last edited by shadow3616931; May 17th, 2011 at 03:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow3616931 View Post
    if 5 yrs to pay buy brand new, dont ever think about buying 2nd hand sa ganong term, isipin mo nalang palaos na yung oto o pag minalas ka baka defective or flooded pa makuha mo tapos 5 years mo pa babayaran. Baka after 5 years bulok na at ang baba na ng value nya its not worth it i tell you. Take note iba ang interest rate ng 2nd hand vehicle mas mataas... baka 2 na nabili mo sa interest nyan.
    *TS,

listen to shadow3616931..he's my shadow...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkoski View Post
    Hey Ghosthunter, thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

I would be using the car to go to work everyday. I am in the boundary of Dasmarinas and Imus Cavite. From my house to the highway, it will take me 4-5minutes riding a jeep/tricycle (so you can just imagine that I'm near the highway). I work in Makati Buendia! So i plan to use the car for work. My neighbor told me (who also works in Makati and has a second hand honda civic), that she spent 250 pesos on gas (back and forth) everyday to get to work.

If i buy an SUV, will i be spending more than 250pesos per day? Is the consumption really that bad? I don't have plans of really putting a lot of people in my car, it's just going to be my MOM, DAD and my brother. That's it. And i plan to use it to go to work, and maybe to go out of town from time to time.

I really like an SUV, i really like big cars (my dream vehicle).

Do you think i should just stick into buying a brand new sedan car? Instead of buying a second hand SUV?

Thanks.
    First of all, welcome to tsikot!

My guess is that you're also from Golden City, Imus?

Anyways, I used to travel from that area to Makati (Makati Ave), that's around 70kms (back & forth), for five years using 3 vehicles: 05 Ford Ranger M/T, Gen2 Pajero A/T (Subic) and 98 Toyota Corolla XL.

Based on my experience , the cheapest daily use was the Corolla at 12km/ltr (gas), next was the Ranger at 10km/ltr & the most expensive was the Gen1 Pajero at 8km/ltr.

If you will use it mainly for daily commute, I suggest a brand new small sedan. Nothing beats the experience of owning a brand new one, with its "brand-new" smell, warranty, and other freebies.

HTH!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkoski View Post
    Wow! Thanks sa mga reply! So do you guys really think that its ok to buy a 2005 or 2006 suv? I saw that some are selling at at 600k the most. I would probably pay 250k out of it and then will loan the remaining.
    If your're going to pay 250 Cash out then loan the rest...then ipon ka na lang till maka-350K ka and buy your dream SUV! Bnew pa!

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    tama si sir shadow..

kung 5 years to pay na secondhand, wag nalang.. mukhang budget meal kalang... magbabayad ka ng monthly for five years then marami pa papagawa kasi second hand... hindi biro yung 5 years napakatagal nun for me...

mag jazz kanalang gen 1.5...

ako naka gen 1 crv.. talo talaga sa gass... 9 km/l lang ako sa highway... 6-7 lang sa city..

wag magmadali sa pag bili, makakabili kadin ng SUV someday brandnew pa....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd still suggest the Everest over the Ranger as pickups have very cramped second rows and poor ride quality. The Everest is, at least, more spacious inside and can seat more people. You won't have problem with it breaking down as this is one tough vehicle that even has a waterproof computer box. If you take good care of it, twenty to thirty years of service should be very possible. And since for your budget you'd be getting the 2.5TDCi 4x2 variant, it is fuel efficient and should yield excellent highway mileage due to the 5 speed automatic. Also, I like the design of the Gen2 Everest, IMHO it looks timeless and should age well.

What do you think of the Carens? Aren't you going to consider this one?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    You won't go wrong with Everest! But buy it cash if you're getting secondhand.
    I still suggest that wait a little more and make your 250K grow until 350K at least...then make a 20% d/p for the Gen. 3 Everest! #50K will cover the 20% d/p and comprehensive insurance already.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    why to get a SUV if a "brand-new" compact sedan can save the day?

all starts in a little, I'd better suggest you to get a sedan since your a first time car owner, and this will be your first car, baka kung mag-sSUV ka e, baka "masuya" ka lang agad, start from the basic IHMO, save money while driving your brand new sedan for your dream SUV, mabilis lang lumipas ang panahon, marami pang lalabas na bagong model ng SUV dyan,

and yes those guys are right, nothing beats the feeling of owning a BRAND NEW kahit sedan lang at least nga na ka brand new car ka na and it is the fruit of your hardwork, be proud of what you got, sarap i-pull out talaga pag brand new. I still remeber those good days noon mag-pull out kami ng brand new REVO sa toyota Ortigas, sarap ng feeling! pati yung NAVARRA ng uncle ko way back 2009--sa nissan alabang.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Brand New Sedan VS Second hand SUV