New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    I'll go with Brand New. Since your wife would be driving it, it will offer some peace of mind.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it seems to me, that the hrv's advantage is that it's brand new.
    if the used crv has an un-assailable provenance, i'll go for it.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Another big issue for me with the HR-V is this

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indus...00058-20160713

It's rated worst among all small SUVs. I'm sure the LED ones of the highest variant are better, but since I'm considering the one with the halogen, it might be an issue. All our other cars are on HIDs so the HRV will probably perform worse. I might get disappointed especially considering it's a brand new car.

Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    The Rav4 is a Toyota and its base model is one of the cheaper CUVs in the market. It is not just as fitted with features like other base model CUVs. However, with a price like the HRV, it is something worth considering.

The CRV came to be the all-around middle ground of sorts of the CUVs. It's not as sporty as the CX5 or as rugged as the Forester but it offers decent space and ample performance. It's no wonder that it still sells well despite being the boring choice

Don't expect too much space from the HRV. Its platform is based off the Jazz but with a raised suspension. The engine is shared with the 1.8L Civic but it is not as light as the Civic so don't expect Civic performance. For around the same price, the Subaru XV is a better choice - higher ground clearance, more power, better drive.
    I've driven the base Rav4. It's pretty bare, but solid. The engine is a bit unhappy when pushed. I'm actually considering the XV too, but i'm pretty sure it has around the same interior space as the HRV.

Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Ipon kaya muna sir, and then brand new CRV nalang. Kung kaya mo mag 2nd hand ng CRV 4th gen, i would assume cash yan. Intay ka hanggang december pandagdag ng DP then MA instead of HRV naka all new CRV ka.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Around 100k+ lang ata difference ng HRV 1.8E sa CRV 2.0V. So it is not really a matter of price but a matter of preference unless there is a strict budget (like a company car plan or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    I'll go with Brand New. Since your wife would be driving it, it will offer some peace of mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it seems to me, that the hrv's advantage is that it's brand new.
    if the used crv has an un-assailable provenance, i'll go for it.
    Yes, cash nga, but what's enticing me is that for 200-300k less, better, bigger, top-of-the line car pa. Besides if I wait for the all new CR-V, the top variant will probably be near or above 2M especailly if it comes with the new 1.5T engine. The 200-300k saved can go to the budget for another smaller car since our 12 year old sedan needs replacing na rin.

We've had good experience with buying 2nd hand cars in the past. Instead of buying a brand new compact sedan for 1M, a crossover or a luxury van could be had for less BUT it took me many months of searching to find the ideal car in top condition and with low mileage. Knowing the service history is also a must. 7 years later with the 2nd hand car and all is well. It pays to be diligent looking at 2nd hand cars.

I have yet to see the CRV this weekend. I'm sure from there we could decide.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mas maporma naman HRv kaysa current crv. Current crv doesnt look anylthing like SUV

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    This is actually a good read
    The Big Test: 216/217 Small Crossovers - Motor Trend

CX5 wins over-all, but yup, CRV still ranks second.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Big Test: 216/217 Small Crossovers - Motor Trend

Yep, a really good read. I wonder how the folks at Motortrend will react to watered-down models of the CX5 and CRV (with 2.0L NA engines) being sold outside the US. Also, the comparison did not include the 2.0L turbo-powered CUVs - Forester XT and Escape 2.0L Ecoboost.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    The Big Test: 2�16/2�17 Small Crossovers - Motor Trend

I like the interior and the space of the crv, and yes, they should have included the top of the line models

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Went for the CRV. No regrets at all.

2 things I didn't expect:

1. It's quite fast, especially compared to the 3rd gen 2.4. And definitely way faster than the HRV.
    2. Fuel consumption is not bad at all. Getting 6km/L city. By comparison, our Civic does 5.5-7km/L in the same conditions.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by marv25 View Post
    Went for the CRV. No regrets at all.

2 things I didn't expect:

1. It's quite fast, especially compared to the 3rd gen 2.4. And definitely way faster than the HRV.
    2. Fuel consumption is not bad at all. Getting 6km/L city. By comparison, our Civic does 5.5-7km/L in the same conditions.
    Unexpected also. I would think under normal conditions the civic would have a definite advantage in fuel economy.

Does your route normally include hilly terrain or being significantly loaded at times? I wonder the weight difference also between the two cars.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *marv25 - what generation of the Civic do you drive? what engine is on it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast