New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I agree on the swift. From experience, kahit gaano katibay at well maintained yung vehicle, lalabas din talaga ang mga sakit habang naluluma. It will definitely show it's age sooner or later. So less headache on the swift esp if magiging daily driver. Hassle yung mga downtime if may kailangan irepair every now and then.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Won't you consider a middle ground option of an MPV like the Ertiga or the Mobilio. You get the refinement of a car and the interior space of an SUV. The ground clearance of those two are higher than a hatch though not as high as a SUV. Tipid pa sa gasolina and easy to maneuver around the city compared to a SUV. Hindi masyadong malayo sa budget mo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Pwede rin mpv like mobilo or ertiga. Ang problema 800k na ang A/T nito. Pasok sana sa 600k ang base ng ertiga pero M/T e

4. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Hmm. . .I would go for the diesel SUV. These diesel powered vehicles are heavy duty built and believe would better stand against he ravages of Philippine weather and road conditions.

In-laws want more space which often translates to space.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    How about a 2nd hand Innova? You'd probably get one newer and in a better condition than a Fortuner of similar pricing. They're extremely common so parts should be easy, and mechanics should be familiar with them. And like what the OP said, 'it's a Toyota'.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    go brandnew. If i were you, i'll buy the swift and restore the advie to pristine condition.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    brand new swift (drooling about this car) pero i ahve a vios, which is amazing as well. you may want to consider other options, mitsu, nissan, honda, etc. laki budget mo Sir.

you have all the options, pero imho, i would rather suggest na ipang down mo na alng yang 600k mo ng CUV/SUV or APV ata tawag dun like Ertiga, Innova, Ecosport, Mobilio, Avanza, and etc. dami ng choices Sir.

then either you can sell your advie or keep it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

brand new swift (drooling about this car) pero i ahve a vios, which is amazing as well. you may want to consider other options, mitsu, nissan, honda, etc. laki budget mo Sir.

you have all the options, pero imho, i would rather suggest na ipang down mo na alng yang 600k mo ng CUV/SUV or APV ata tawag dun like Ertiga, Innova, Ecosport, Mobilio, Avanza, and etc. dami ng choices Sir.

then either you can sell your advie or keep it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    For me second hand fortuner hanap ka na lang ng pristine Condition makikita mo naman sa unit yan at kadamihan sa Gas na second ay Fresh pa sa Mahal ng Gasolina bihira magamit. Matibay ang 2.7 vvti at matipid sa maintenance, spark plugs lang sapat na ☺

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Thanks mga sir.

Pag iisipan namin maigi ni misis. Gusto namin tatagal tulad ng adventure namin. (high school days pa lang dinadrive na namin). that car really lives up to its name. ganun din sana sa susunod na kotse namin.

We are actually not familiar on sedans and not even used to drive one. nasanay kami gumamit ng x-trail / advie / sta. fe (CUV). kasing tibay lang ba ng under-chassis ang sedans compared sa CUV / SUV? we sometimes tend to approach the rough roads instead of avoiding it and so far hindi naman kami nasiraan ng suspension . nang nagtest drive kami ng swift, nakatingala kami at halos di makita ang hood. hehe. we are not complaining though. we love the interior and the smooth ride. I just imagine this would be a big adjustment for our driving habits if ever we get the swift.

We also love the Ertiga and Mobilio, but we could not afford to stretch our budget any more.

good point on using the adventure pag expected na baha sa daan. But we have limited parking space and I don't want to park along the road. so igagarahe na lang ang adventure sa parents ko if ever makakuha na ng kotse. we don't have plans to sell the adventure.

Di naman kami nagmamadali to get a new car but we are hoping to get one before pumasok ang tag ulan. I checked sa olx and I saw a fortuner 2006 having a mileage of 59xxx kms. so less than 6000kms ang takbo nya every year, more or less. what do you think?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Pwede kang tumawad ng malaki sa Gas sir kasi bihira nag hahanap ng Gas na fortuner yung 600k mo makakabili na yan at least 2008 model pataas

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast