New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hondaboot View Post
    go for Hyundai Accent better than CUVs kasi this year lalo sisikip ang kalsada. imho, the compact cars will have the advantage in terms of efficiency sa roads
    Then what's next OB?
    ________

Kung bnew, Hyundai Accent na. 588K base model gas. All power na including side mirrors.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    get a brand new compact... 2nd hand, CUV's on it's 5th year is the time where parts starts to break... and if so, get ready to shell out serious cash.. SUV/CUV parts are no cheap. not to mention the HUGE risk of getting a FLOODED car and the other hidden horrors behind purchasing a 2nd hand car. (like hot cars, badluck, someone died etc...)

with a bnew car, you have peace of mind.. warranty for 2-3 years and normally up to it's 5th year it's problem free. then after that, sell it and again purchase a bnew one. with that, wala ka na aalalahanin.. mas confident ka.. you get to enjoy your car more and safety narin ng family.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    My opinion.. get a brand new car with safety features for your family. There's no great thing other than the safety of your love ones, I'd say peace of mind.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Then what's next OB?
    kaya pala. hehe.

for me the best bang for buck would be the fiesta 1.4 trend para hindi ka stuck with hubcaps and steel wheels

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    dependi parin sa panlasa mo ng sasakyan yan bro if i were you get the brand new car at least may insurance and warranty pa... peace of mind

pag second hand ang kukunin mo huwag naman sanang na ondoy or na pepeng ang makuha mo

Good luck!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    For family use..

Nissan X-Trail 250X / 200X na.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    Get The Escape NBX or The X-Trail 200x. You won't go wrong with either of the two. Better yet, Follow your heart.
    I really like how the X-Trail looks like, if I found a good unit what items will I have to check on the car? but of course not a flooded unit, what more?

Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    My opinion.. get a brand new car with safety features for your family. There's no great thing other than the safety of your love ones, I'd say peace of mind.
    This is actually what makes me think in buying a brand new car.

Will buying a 2nd hand car mean more expenses in the future? Buying a new car means going to the dealer for the periodic PMS, while a used car does not need PMS and it will be up to the owner. TIA

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Actually, I would recommend going to your PMS rather than "extending" your PMS intervals. I know too many people who serviced their car too late and had bigger problems since they were merely ignoring their car problems.

Will buying a 2nd hand car mean more expenses in the future?

Not exactly. There are certain instances where a brand new car would have more problems than a 2nd hand car (Land Rover vs 2ndhand Land Cruiser). But as a rule of thumb, yes. This is because of the wear and tear of high mileage.

The advantages of having a first-hand car is simply: (1) Warranty -- so you're assured there wouldn't be any "lemon" purchases. (2) It's new, so minimal or no wear-and-tear. If you factor in emotional advantages, the first-hand buyer is that person you'll see at ACE Hardware stacking up on car covers and fiber cloths iba talaga feeling kung bago.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andretti View Post
    I really like how the X-Trail looks like, if I found a good unit what items will I have to check on the car? but of course not a flooded unit, what more?

This is actually what makes me think in buying a brand new car.

Will buying a 2nd hand car mean more expenses in the future? Buying a new car means going to the dealer for the periodic PMS, while a used car does not need PMS and it will be up to the owner. TIA
    In our case, no. Almost all of our cars were bought second hand. All have been very, very well maintained under our care and have fetched very good prices, above the usual market price for that car, even. They have not given us any headaches other than the usual replacement of consumables and the occasional repair here and there. That's why I am very open in considering 2nd hand cars. I believe that a well cared for 2nd hand CUV will serve you just as well or even better than a brand new subcompact. The class, quality, space and performance is just different.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Brand new compact car or second hand CRV,Xtrail or Escape?