New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    try considering the Mitsubishi lancer CVT model. Old body yun, not the evo 10 style. still on sale sa mga mitsu dealer. It has a 1.6 MT version which is priced a little higher than the 1.3 vios

Yung CVT model nila, 1.6 na with abs,4 disk brakes and still priced way below the vios 1.5G
    nice suggestion. kaso old body na nga lang sir

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    nice suggestion. kaso old body na nga lang sir
    Same concern here, the design is a bit dated, and aren't there reports of premature CVT failures in the previous gen city and jazz?

style-wise, my mom thinks the mazda 2 is the cutest among the four I listed. (I prefer the robocop-esque city, though.)

going for test drives this weekend...!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The Mazda2 Sedan will be a much better choice!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    go for the vios G 1.5 AT. wala atang MT na vios G sir.

my mom uses hers for everyday, all occasion and every purpose she can get with it. and she's very happy with it. its been two yrs.

no problems so far and very fuel efficient.

its not underpowered imho, for the 1.5L engine, it just suits that weight of the vios' body. and its pretty fast too. hehehe

we just upgrade our tires to 195/55 to be more stable on high speed. para kasing malundo yung takbo niya pagpatak ng 100kph. parang liliparin. nlex kase si ermat araw araw averaging 100kph at more or less 90kms everyday.
    it's in the shortlist, sir.

hindi ba naapektuhan yung odometer/speedometer reading pag pinalitan yung size ng tires?

*eggman: the mazda 2's the cheapest among the subcompacts I listed... tapos 1.5 liter engine. sulit
    Last edited by scharnhorst; March 24th, 2010 at 08:26 AM.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    go for the vios G 1.5 AT. wala atang MT na vios G sir.
    1.5G MT is still listed on Toyota's price list.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    check out the mazda 2 sedan. so-so cabin but huge trunk for a car its size. not sure though about FC and maintenance. AT na and pasok sa budget,

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    Same concern here, the design is a bit dated, and aren't there reports of premature CVT failures in the previous gen city and jazz?

style-wise, my mom thinks the mazda 2 is the cutest among the four I listed. (I prefer the robocop-esque city, though.)

going for test drives this weekend...!
    mitsu's CVT is better than the honda jazzes and city's. that's why 2nd gen jazzes and new city's now are equipt with the old style but reliable honda AT. according to somewhere here in tsikot.

Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    it's in the shortlist, sir.

hindi ba naapektuhan yung odometer/speedometer reading pag pinalitan yung size ng tires?
    di naman sir, we make it sure to maintain it in the closest(195/55r15) diameter to the stock tires which is 185/60r15. however, according to the tire calculator, there is a difference of-1.2% with the new tire (195/55r15) .

Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    1.5G MT is still listed on Toyota's price list.

VIOS 1.5 G A/T Php795,000.00
    VIOS 1.5 G A/T (w/ Leather) Php831,000.00
    VIOS 1.5 G M/T Php760,000.00

uu nga noh sir? now ko lang napansin to, when we bought our vios 1.5G AT, wala pang MT sa 1.5L, puro sa 1.3 lang. thanks for the info. or baka alang available noon? basta di ko alam hehehe

we bought the 1.5G at (w/leather seats)
    Last edited by aejhayl17; March 24th, 2010 at 11:09 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    A friend bought a lancer CVT. 695k daw. Very good price for a matic car. old body nga lang.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mitsubishi CVT uses a traditional torque converter, unlike the Honda CVT, which goes without. This is why Honda CVTs are so fuel efficient... they use s system of clutches to obtain smooth response and forego the heavy and fluid-filled torque converters of traditional ATs.

And that's why they're so fragile... if you abuse them, you can burn the clutch packs out.

-

If you're going to be carrying a wheelchair on occassion... bring it with you to the dealerships. It should fit in the City trunk (at 500 liters, it's the bomb), but whether it fits in the smaller Vios and Mazda2 trunk (which is kinda tight at 280 liters), I don't know. Definitely won't fit in any of the hatches sans the Jazz. The Jazz can actually carry one or two dead bodies in the back...

I know it's not your major consideration, but if you carry the wheelchair often enough to mention it, you should exclude any car that can't carry it... no matter how nice they may be.

Hmm.. buy a Mazda2... with a roof rack.

-

If you're considering the big boys... I haven't tried the Cruze yet, so I can't say whether it's more refined than the Focus... which is more refined than the Altis. The only issue with the Focus is that the interior of the Trend model is built to a price, and it shows... kinda cheap-ish looking compared to the higher end models. But the Focus 1.8 drives like a dream... about as nicely as the Civic, without the annoyingly harsh ride. (too bad the interior is nowhere near as nice as the Civic)

And despite being MT... it's still a 1.8 mated to a very heavy car (same can be said of the Cruze). The only one with halfway decent economy here would be the Corolla, since it's a 1.6 mated to a merely somewhat heavy car... but I don't like the interior of the Corolla at that price range.

I'd say give the Cruze a chance since it's an Opel-based car rather than a Daewoo-based one like the Optra... but I'm still not sure as to how the mechanical specifications hold up in the real world yet...

Do note: The Focus and Cruze are borderline midsized (and the Cruze is probably fully midsized already), which means that maintenance will be more expensive than traditional compacts (the Focus isn't difficult to maintain, but parts are more expensive than the former Lynx) like the Lancer and the Corolla.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    as far as I can remember, the vios can take a wheelchair if there's no LPG tank...

I wonder about the mazda 2. probably have to bring the wheelchair, or at least a mockup of it this saturday.

but we're not going to be regularly bringing the thing along, just in cases that the ranger isn't available for cargo duties

Regarding the bigger cars,
    been getting figures of around 7-9 km/liter (city) and 13 km/liter (highway) for the focus from here and the FCP forums, so the cruze should get around the same

as I can see it, specs wise the cruze trumps the focus in every aspect in its price range:
    the focus trend sedan is 1,320 kilos, the cruze is around 1,280? then 120 against 140 horses.

a comparo posted on the cruze thread favoured the chevy... was anybody able to read the topgear comparo against the civic?

*niky: any plans to review the cruze on bigbigcar?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Brand new car for 800k