New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    curious lang. kasi diba direct competions tong dalawa? anung advantages and disadvantages ng both compare sa ride.. cabin space.. sa bed.. everything!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    a female colleauge (yup, babae) just bought a dmax and i asked her why not the hilux, cause medyo biased ako sa hilux - was almost drooling when i got to see it sa dealership for the first time.

main consideration niya in choosing the dmax, as she of course considered both before buying, was the interior. i haven't seen it yet but according to her malayo raw ang interior ng dalawa, in favor of the dmax (4X2 nga pala). plus yung small things like the stepboard, fender flares, tires same as the 4X4, which apparently were standard on the 4X2 dmax (needs to be verified) and were not on the hilux.

personally, i'd go for the hilux for its design and bigger size, plus the reliability that goes with toyota. but i'm sure there would be a lot of other people who would consider against it given the package that the dmax offers.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hilux for me. looks of an SUV. Dmax design is old.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I choose Hilux.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    D-MAX for me.... sa 4x2 model kasi na d-max parang 4x4 na ang itsura (bigger tires, fender flares, etc) unlike sa hilux.....

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44
    a female colleauge (yup, babae) just bought a dmax and i asked her why not the hilux, cause medyo biased ako sa hilux - was almost drooling when i got to see it sa dealership for the first time.

main consideration niya in choosing the dmax, as she of course considered both before buying, was the interior. i haven't seen it yet but according to her malayo raw ang interior ng dalawa, in favor of the dmax (4X2 nga pala). plus yung small things like the stepboard, fender flares, tires same as the 4X4, which apparently were standard on the 4X2 dmax (needs to be verified) and were not on the hilux.

personally, i'd go for the hilux for its design and bigger size, plus the reliability that goes with toyota. but i'm sure there would be a lot of other people who would consider against it given the package that the dmax offers.
    post ko lang po ang opinion ko. i'm biased sa dmax, kasi yun ang gamit ko. honestly, taking these two head-to-head, obviously both has their plus and minusses. for the hilux, its got size, nice cabin and powerful engine (4X4 variant only) at same displacement as the dmax. however, the 4X2 variant of hilux is pegged at 2.5L compared to the 4X2 dmax. yes, the looks. the both variant of dmax is almost the same, ride height, rims, amenities, etc. whereas the hilux, only the top of the line model has got the ride height, fender flares, bigger rims. oh yes before i forgot, the both variant of the dmax has the same engine- 3.0L turbo intercooled. what fascinates me is the safety features of the dmax, on both variants, it's got abs+ebd dual airbags.

of course, aside from performance and creature comforts, safety is always a priority, you should get the dmax. but if you're up for style get the hilux.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hilux

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dmax with different skin! chevrolet colorado

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dmax!!! yung hilux kasi pangalan yan ng bumbilya d b????

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    first look, dmax ako...

haven't drive both though.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
bnew na hilux o dmax?