New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Check the Jazz for rust spots first - it'll likely sprout in the doors and door sills. The rust can get there even if the owner was very careful. Blame Honda's ridiculously thin paint for that. Small rust spots (i.e. the size of a nail's head) are okay, but I've also seen Jazzes with larger areas of corrosion.

Just telling you what you should look out for.

The i10 ain't bad if you have no issues with its size.
    Thank you for your input sir!
    So i should check for rust spots if ever I'm going to get a 2nd hand Jazz...
    Hmm... so ang Jazz is prone to rust than i10's, is that what you mean boss?

May i know what are the major differences between the Jazz 2004, 2005 and 2006 models?
    I like Honda since I own a Honda CBR150 for 2 years and sold it and settled for a Honda CBR 400rr and take note that it is a 20year old bike (the 400rr) and it still performs very well. Honda bigbikes are known to have bullet-proof engines but I'm not sure with Honda cars though...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Sir kung hindi mo problem ang space and resale value (kadalasan kasi ito kaagad ang naiisip ng mga buyers when in fact bibili pa nga lang naiisip na ang future na pagbenta hehe). for me kasi what matters most is yung magagamit mo siya ng mabuti at maayos and of course, you like what you have chosen.

I recommend getting a brand new Hyundai i10 rather than a 30-40k km odo reading Jazz na hindi mo alam kung paano ginamit etc. iba pa rin sir ang brand new. kaya lang, mababa ang resale value ng Hyundai i10 compared sa Honda Jazz (obviously). If mas mahalaga sa iyo ang resale value and space, mag Jazz ka na. If mas mahalaga sa iyo ang peace of mind go for the brand new i10.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by darkaeon View Post
    My other issue with the i10 is its tall behind.
    Its like if I steer in a tight curve eh tataob sya...
    It might be tall at the back end but the center-of-gravity (COG) of the car is still low. This is because nearly all of the heavy stuff like suspension, transmission, chassis are located low in the car.

So unless you have a whole cow strapped to your roof, the i10 will be hard to tip over in a tight curve.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Thank you for your input sir!
    So i should check for rust spots if ever I'm going to get a 2nd hand Jazz...
    Hmm... so ang Jazz is prone to rust than i10's, is that what you mean boss?

May i know what are the major differences between the Jazz 2004, 2005 and 2006 models?
    I like Honda since I own a Honda CBR150 for 2 years and sold it and settled for a Honda CBR 400rr and take note that it is a 20year old bike (the 400rr) and it still performs very well. Honda bigbikes are known to have bullet-proof engines but I'm not sure with Honda cars though...
    I'm not saying the i10 is more rust-resistant - only time will tell. I'm simply sharing my experience as I drive a 2005 Jazz 1.3L. Rust is a bugbear of these cars because, like I said, Honda's paint is just too thin.

Major differences aren't huge between the original 2004-05 and facelifted/"MMC" 2006-07 GD Jazzes. The main differences are just cosmetic:
    - new front and rear bumpers unique to the 1.3L and 1.5L versions (pre-MMC bumpers are the same regardless of engine)
    - LED taillights (pre-MMC versions use bulbs)
    - body-colored headlight interior (pre-MMC headlight interiors are all silver)
    - different patterns for interior upholstery

You can thank the introduction of VTEC in 1989 for Honda making a reputation as a bullet-proof engine builder. Even my i-DSI engine has already seen lots of trackday action and it hasn't complained one bit. It can scream at 6000 RPM cornering at Subic International Raceway in the morning, and go cruising down SCTEX/NLEX going home at night the same day.

And even with running at the racetrack, I can still make 12-14 km/L with no problem. You can actually fill up the tank the previous night, go to Subic, run at the racetrack, then go back to Manila without having to fill up for gas.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Err, the Jazz is just as tall, and I've tackled the turn 5 hairpin in Subic International Raceway lots of times. Never felt like it was in danger of tipping over.

The i10 is, dynamically, a very similar beast - the basic suspension layout (struts at the front, torsion beam at the rear) is the same. Also the Jazz and i10, despite their tall bodies, actually have low ride heights so they "hug" the road - as well as a four-square, squat stance due to the sufficient wheelbase length.

You should be more afraid of tipping over in an SUV, IMHO. The taller a vehicle's SUSPENSION is, the harder it is to control its body movements.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup! that is one of my reasons as well why my heart is broken in two with those two cars...
    I like the Jazz because it is slightly bigger and has more space at the back...
    The i10 is cute and of course brandnew, Haayyy...

Sir Niky, how about a Jazz with 30k+ or 40k milleage, is that not good to buy?
    30-40k with a CVT is okay, as long as it hasn't been abused or driven too hard. Even higher mileages are still okay, but it's hard to tell whether the CVT is slipping yet unless you bring along a CVT owner or someone familiar with the model on your test drive to assess the condition of the car.

The one offered to my friend was obviously slipping and had quite a bit of shift shock... but it was used in city traffic, had well over 120k kms on it, and seemed poorly maintained. Records of regular CVTF changes are a must if you're buying one secondhand.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As a first time car owner you should buy the i10 as opposed to the used Jazz with it's unknown maintenance history unless you are mechanically inclined. As for resale value the Honda still has a higher selling price because the original purchase price is also higher than what a i10 cost, just look at the current models and the price difference. Also even if the car is pimped or modded that should not have anything to do with the selling price because those things should not add value to the car as the items depreciate also with use. But if you elect to buy a used car get one that isn't pimped so you can see it for what it is and not with a bunch of crap attached to it to cover defects.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    there are two types of car buyers kasi.

yung isa "seller" after lumain yung kotse ibebenta na para bumili ulit ng bago (ganito ang karamihan pero tama rin kasi practicallity ito, lumalabas na ang sakit ng sasakyan siyempre kapag naluluma na)

yung isa "keeper" wherein hindi tumitingin sa resale value ng sasakyan dahil itatago nila ito so they maintain it very well. (ganito ako kasi so more on brand new ako palagi no matter the resale value is, mas mahalaga yung babagay sa lifestyle mo)

So sir TS, ano po ba kayo sa dalawa hehe? kung "seller" type kayo and of course, mas kailangan niyo ng bigger space and engine power mag-Jazz na kayo. kapag "keeper" type, go for the brand new Hyundai i10, less features pero bago naman talaga. alam mo yung amoy na yun ng bago? hehe
    Last edited by p_borj; January 21st, 2010 at 02:53 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa jazz kasi mas magandang oto pero d sigurado sa kundisyon. sa i10 sigurado. d nga lang ganung ka loaded. fc nila tingin ko same lang. test drive namen sa i10 from pioneer to san fernando balikan naka 18.5kms per li ung i10 1.1 gls mt

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    30-40k with a CVT is okay, as long as it hasn't been abused or driven too hard. Even higher mileages are still okay, but it's hard to tell whether the CVT is slipping yet unless you bring along a CVT owner or someone familiar with the model on your test drive to assess the condition of the car.

The one offered to my friend was obviously slipping and had quite a bit of shift shock... but it was used in city traffic, had well over 120k kms on it, and seemed poorly maintained. Records of regular CVTF changes are a must if you're buying one secondhand.
    What does CVT means sir? Are you referring to Automatic or Manual?
    How would you know if the CVT is slipping?
    Could you please enlighten me sir niky...
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast