New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    I've never driven either of these cars but I have been fortunate enough to sit in them last year. My impression of the boxster is that it is more symmetrical than the Z4 which can equate to a more balanced driving especially around tight bends.

Headturner? Both I guess but then it's always a plus factor when you say that you drive Porsche. The porsche name has always been synonymous with being young, sporty and performance oriented so I'll go with that anytime.

One thing I also like about a Porsche is that the engine's sound is certainly like no other. Exclusive so to speak

Now that will make any head turn when you pull up at any parking lot.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I am leaning towards the Boxster for a more comfortable ride than the Z4. If I am in your shoes, the power issue regarding two cars isn't really a big thing for me since I will be using it mostly in the city.

Being a Boxster as "poor - man's" Porsche. That's what they say! I don't care! If I am going to buy one, i'd pick the 944 with no hesitation which I believe is a poor - man's Porsche in the 80's. But hey... If you own a Porsche, you ain't poor!

Don't be taken away by Hampster's comment... Ms. Elle Woods didn't complain and she looks freakin gorgeous in her Boxster in Legally Blonde 1.

Also a +1 on the BMW 520d or if you like Audi's, a guy is selling his A4 under 2M and a TT under 2M. The good thing about Audi's, they're not boastful in terms of engine noise, seems like gentle fast euro-luxo cars but some engines don't feel to have a big punch on the acceleration on near top-end speeds, I am guessing about the gear ratios on them. But you know what Audi's are made of... the design of an Alfa Romeo, the comfort of a Benz, the safety of a Volvo, and most of all, the sportiness of a BMW.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=350tD8E7htM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=350tD8E7htM[/ame]
    Last edited by drey; February 4th, 2008 at 08:35 PM.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hay i just got more and more confused haha. it seems like you car fanatics know better so i'm noting down your inputs, hope i make a good choice.

hungryalien and hp, i cant handle 220 at the freeway, takot ako baka lumipad na. speed is not really a big factor eh. i agree that 5series or m5? looks young but then i'm really craving for a 2door convertible at the moment

if ever i get a porsche, won't i have problems w/ the papers? since the 2000-2002 models i believe were not locally purchased? ayoko habulin ng customs hehe. would you know anyone selling a yellow? i prefer that over greys and blacks e. hay mukang na convert nyo na ko overnight ah haha. pls provide more infos para maka decide ako mabuti, be fair ha pls hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sir/Maam,

Sorry, di po kasi nyo na-address kung male or female kayo. I strongly advice you to take a test drive baka magsisi kayo afterwards... because initially you liked the Z4. Check which is more spacious, more livable on daily basis etc.

Just a comment on the 220 kp/h... a Z4/Boxster can reach that speed as well. :hihihi:
    Last edited by drey; February 4th, 2008 at 09:37 PM.
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    It depends on the car you drive, after achieving 200kmh, I'm now lusting for 300kmh. I went to Saudi to go and try that (since it's a desert) but people there cut each other at 200. You will literally see accidents everyday, often fatal. hehe

Autobahn is my only hope. A friend of mine did 337 there :D

A Boxster is good for cruising since it's a small car. I'd be a bit wary driving 200+ in a small car like it. E60 and similar midsized super sedans would provide more stability for higher speeds.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi drey, im in between eh pano ba un haha? actualy na test drive ko na un z4 kanina, it was ok but maalog lang. i won't have to use it on a daily basis since may driver nako sa suv ko. i will be taking it to night outs lang and mga biglaang lakad, and i was told na delikado baka ma slash un cover sa parking so i'm still keeping my suv. hay hay hay ano kaya? pls keep those replies coming peeps

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    hungryalien and hp, i cant handle 220 at the freeway, takot ako baka lumipad na.
    From this line in one of your posts, I think you're not much of a spirited driver. I can make a more honest recommendation.

You see, the Boxsters are mid-engined cars. They're inherently "naughtier" and dartier than most cars that have the engine in front. This naughtiness means they're very responsive to turn-in, but also means you have a higher tendency to get the car oversteering and spinning if you're carving up corners too fast and you don't know what you're doing. You don't want to know how much a repair bill you'll get...

Front-engined rear-wheel-drive cars like the Z4 you fancy will be a little slower to react by design. By the same token, though, they should be the safer choice for people who aren't the type who'd take turns at double the prescribed speed.

My two cents

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    That's the only problem with convertibles which still use canvass.

Latest BMW convertibles now use folding metal roof.

Maybe you can take a look at Mercedes SLK (R171 body). The previous SLK isn't as good looking as this one.

you can also try Coupe like Audi A5 / Volvo C30 / BMW 3-series coupe.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    with a 2.5m budget, i'd wait for a few more months for the evo 10 or sti, brand new na may warranty pa (for the subaru), but between your choices, ummm... boxster nalang kasi medyo mas madami kang makikitang z4 kaysa sa boxster (which is pasok naman sa needs mo na headturner)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    how about Mazda MX-5 miata? suggestion lang... pero sa dalawa? ahm. z4. ganda.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
BMW Z4 or Porsche Boxster? which is better? pls help