New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    hmm sounds liek your budget is quite enough for a 2002-2003 ford expedition eddie bauer and a ford E150.

mag Expi dad mo kapag mag isa lang sya, then e150 pag marami kayo.

i your lucky enough, you could buy some units not exceeding 1M. yung sobra pang ICE nyo nalang and pang gas.
    Ang lalakas naman niyan sa gas

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i would go for the starex or carnival...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I cannot really recommend an alterra to you.....it just seems to be overpriced :peace:

Even though that it can be called as " Home Entertainment on Wheels " ......I just can't appreciate it exterior design.........Between the fort and the alterra, i'd say get the fort and put some lcd's then, you're done!

JMHO sirs
    My brother-in-law said that alterra is underpower. Am not sure, havent drive it yet.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Guys

Thanks talaga sa mga opinions nyo. We decided to reconsider yung Grand Starex pero parang hindi siya masyadong type ng dad ko. Also, nag drive na rin ate ko recently and would prefer nga an suv. I would also be driving in about 3 years and parang mas gusto ko i drive ang suv papunta nga school. Kung kukuha kami ng grand starex, baka kumuha nlng kami ulit ng driver. We had one before pero it didn't work out. Anyway, Naiisip din namin dati yung alterra kaso nga lang ay parang hindi maganda yung itsura nya kasi sabi ng iba ay mukhang hearse daw ito (yung sasakyan ng patay sa funenaria). Masyado namang malakas sa gas yung expedition and we really prefer brand new. we have a Revo SR since 2000 at okay samin yung size nya. Kasya kaming 8 kasi 2 sa harap - 3 sa gitna - 3 sa likod + cargo. Kaso nga lang, M/T siya at malaks sa gas at luma na. Based sa opinions nyo din ay maganda yung carnival kaya titignan din namin yun. So far, we have narrowed down the choices to the ff:

Grand Starex
    Fortuner
    Santa Fe
    Carnival
    MS

May nag suggest din po ng Nissan Urvan pero we preffer yung mga 2 sliding doors na van for ease. Mas gusto po kasi namin na hindi mag mumukhang "driver" yung nag drive ng car. Please suggest pa po kayo.

Thanks po tlga sa lahat and sana help ninyo pa po ako

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Kia Carnival for me. We are a family of 5 + 1 driver + 2 yayas (total of 8). Fits perfectly with lots of room for luggage. I get to drive it also on coding days to work and its fine for solo driving. I also was looking at the Grand Starex but it was too BIG if I was gonna drive it by myself.

If you get a Sta Fe. Fortuner or Montero --- those really are 7-seaters. The rear seats are quite cramped. I pity the persons who stay there for long trips. I'd hate to imagine 8 on a long trip in those.

Get the Long Wheel Base (LWB) version of the Carnival. You wont have any regrets. My wife loves it and the kids love it as well. See the reviews and forums on the Kia portion of this site.

Very good power, decent fuel economy for a big mini-van, nice comfort features (power sliding doors and power tailgate), nice stock stereo, lots of storage cubbies and space, drives decently well. I've taken mine already to 190 kph in SCTEX The Gas Innova who was tailgating me couldnt keep up.
    OT: mapapaabot mo din kaya ng 190kph yung brand new jazz mo?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grand starex or carnival for real comfort...

although if SUV talaga and if budget allows, ford explorer seems to fit all your needs

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    you said it yourself you want an suv so there really are 3 choices for you imo: fortuner, sta. fe and the ms. if you can afford the 4x4 variants, the only way to find out what you really like is to test drive them. if the budget is only for the 4x2 variants, i think the ms 2.5 4x2 is pretty hard to beat.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nissan X-Trail 2.0L or 2.5L would be great except it only seats 5 people. If you're worried about the fuel bill, just have it converted to Auto-LPG.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The Hyundai Santa fe isn't an SUV. It's a CUV, so you can't compare the toughness of the fortuner and the ms when it comes to off-roading.

but when it comes to riding-comfort, Santa fe would be a good choice, since it's a CUV and the car-like feel when you're riding it

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a family SUV that can fit 8 members... hmm... Toyota LC Prado is the only mid-size SUV that has 2-3-3 seating configuration... but if it's not your type, then you are looking for a full-size SUV... Ford Expedition if you want gas, Toyota LC200 if diesel...

out of budget? we all know SUVs are expensive. then check out the vans in the market. mas comfortable pa kesa sa SUVs since it will be for family use. there are minivans na maporma naman if your concern is using it in college in a few years time.

pero if you really insist for an SUV, i believe your family can manage with the Fortuner or Montero Sport... pasok sa budget... it will be worth it when your time has come (the time when you get to use it)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Best SUV for family driving