New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Lexus RX350 at 3.718m from 4.218m when it was introduced in 2009. Got the price reduction because of JPEPA.

Or a Volvo XC90 for as low 3.895m. MSRP is 4.545m Volvo had a promo http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/volvo...elected-models
    I think Volvo gives huge dicounts on all of its models even if it's not a promo just need to haggle.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The thing with the Volvo is that it's large... and incredibly boring. If they just injected a bit of fun like what the C30 has, then maybe sales would improve.

Just stay with the tried and tested. A trip to Hong Kong would probably give you a 70% Mercedes Benz S-class, 20% Lexus, and the other 10% for 'other brands' (not counting Intercontinental's RR [Rolls-Royce.. not Range Rover] fleet or the standard Toyota Crowns) Dami ako nakikita dito. Latest visit yielded a Ferrari 458 Italia :thumbup: and a Bentley Continental (which is fairly rare in HK IMO. So far, Ferrari spottings are 300% more than Bents)

Any person searching for a "premium" vehicle is really able to fork out cash. So why not go for the S? For budget luxury, go for Expeditions or Tahoes which you can easily fit your whole bedroom in it..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    How about the Nissan Murano? Nissan Phil still sells this but I think its by order basis for now. This SUV really stands out compared to a Lexus RX or A Volvo XC90 and it got good reviews for quality, comfort, performance and safety.
    And this thing just looks futuristic and unique, car nappers will definitely be scared away by this car.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hmmm, Muranos... Not a fan of its Z-inspired styling. I'd go for the Lexus RX instead. You'd be hard pressed to find a buyer for the Murano compared to the RX when you plan to sell it already.

The XC90 isn't really a mid-size SUV full-sized na yan.

Merc GL also gets a thumbs up BTW. Great reviews all around!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung Murano naman pala, either Mazda CX9 or Lexus RX nalang. Pero sa RX, I suggest the RX450h nalang ikuha mo, for better gas mileage. Or, you can get the V6 e-VGT CRDi offerings from Korea.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Practicality-wise, I'll get a Toyota LC for 4m and save the other million. You still get the same hulking SUV at less amenities. - get the pajero bk 3.2 Did kung practicality rin lang. You save a further 900K. hehe

If she's going to spend most of her time in the backseat, cross out the Cayenne on your list. It still ranks high on my wanted SUV list but rather than seeing your tita smile, yun driver mo ata yun nakangiti eh

Ask if she wants a big SUV or a big-big SUV first. Audi Q7 is nice, but haven't driven nor researched about it extensively.

Lexus LX gives off a very floaty feeling. I'd recommend it over the Range Rover if you won't be doing any off-roading. LR-RR's maintenance is a pain in the ass. I'd go Toyota quality here. Personally, I also feel it's overpriced compared to the Toyota LC (it's like Camry vs ES350). But not if you compare it to the likes of Range Rovers.

If it was me, I'll ask if she really needs a SUV. I expect these types of persons to be roaming around in Makati, Greenhills, Ortigas or Taguig. Not Manila. So floods shouldn't pose a significant threat. If then so, I'll buy an ultra-luxury sedan instead. Lexus LS460 would give you the best bang per buck. But the coveted MB S-class isn't far away either.

Already ridden a S-class before in Hong Kong and all I can say is that I can screw somebody at the back and still HAVE space. LOL!
    , X5 na lang kasi.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If you are used to riding SUVs, you won't go back to a sedan. Some people I know ride their LCs more than their S-class. I am not used to sedan already so sedans are out of my list.

Nissan Patrol Royale, LC and Lexuses are the best choice for comfort. Forget about the sports SUV because your aunt will have a driver 100% of the time. Comfort is the most important not driving performance. I won't recommend Murano because the seats can't be reclined. Q7 have good potential as these are common in China but Q5 is too small and ride is a little stiff since it's sports tuned. If only the Infiniti FX were here...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    like i said mb gl450 is the best when it comes to comfort and features.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    -Range Rover Sport

-Porsche Cayenne

-Audi Q7

-Lexus LX570

-Cadillac Escalade ESV

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kung daily driven sana at hindi chauffer-driven, range rover evoque!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Best premium SUV