New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Pa help naman po sirs. My tita is asking me kung ano daw okay na premium SUV balak kasi niya bumili. She's asking me to do the research kasi wala siyang time to go to the dealers and all. Wala siyang spinecify na budget so I'm guessing kahit magkano pa yun. Eto mga hinahanap niya:

1. Pinaka comfortable sakyan. May driver siya so sa likod siya parati sasakay. (Which points to criterion 2)
    2. Since de driver siya hindi kailangang uber lakas ng makina basta capable engine pwede na siya. (Although at the premium suv level malalakas na din lahat ng engines nila)
    3. Features. Gusto niya madaming "features".

Ang mga naisip kong suv ay yung MB GL, BMW X5, Audi Q7, LR Range Rover, Lexus LX. Nagtingin din ako ng Cayenne at Q5 since nasa dealer na ko ng Audi. Ano tingin niyo po? Sana matulungan niyo ako kasi tinatanong na ko ng tita ko eh. Hehe. Salamat po ng madami.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The LR is most comfy but seems to have reliability issues.

The BMW X5 is nice but kinda a bit stiff on the ride quality.

Lexus LX is a bit soft and comfy. Not sure about reliability but personally it feels rather overpriced.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    What do you mean by reliability issues sa LR sir ghosthunter? Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerJam View Post
    What do you mean by reliability issues sa LR sir ghosthunter? Thanks.

Mechanically, problems develop which can lead to minor stuff or to the engine not starting at all in the morning. My high school batchmate has one. Loves the ride, hates the lack of reliability (compared to other large SUVs from other brands). Given he has money to spare, he still keeps it (for now) because of the a smooth ride, great interior and brand prestige. I assume he is going to sell it once it's starting to look a little old or when he finds a newer replacement.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 5th, 2011 at 10:25 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnerJam View Post
    Pa help naman po sirs. My tita is asking me kung ano daw okay na premium SUV balak kasi niya bumili. She's asking me to do the research kasi wala siyang time to go to the dealers and all. Wala siyang spinecify na budget so I'm guessing kahit magkano pa yun. Eto mga hinahanap niya:

1. Pinaka comfortable sakyan. May driver siya so sa likod siya parati sasakay. (Which points to criterion 2)
    2. Since de driver siya hindi kailangang uber lakas ng makina basta capable engine pwede na siya. (Although at the premium suv level malalakas na din lahat ng engines nila)
    3. Features. Gusto niya madaming "features".

Ang mga naisip kong suv ay yung MB GL, BMW X5, Audi Q7, LR Range Rover, Lexus LX. Nagtingin din ako ng Cayenne at Q5 since nasa dealer na ko ng Audi. Ano tingin niyo po? Sana matulungan niyo ako kasi tinatanong na ko ng tita ko eh. Hehe. Salamat po ng madami.
    Sir I have not driven nor ride them all but my vote goes to the BMW X5. HTH I just like the feature of it and the performance of the diesel engine.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Practicality-wise, I'll get a Toyota LC for 4m and save the other million. You still get the same hulking SUV at less amenities.

If she's going to spend most of her time in the backseat, cross out the Cayenne on your list. It still ranks high on my wanted SUV list but rather than seeing your tita smile, yun driver mo ata yun nakangiti eh

Ask if she wants a big SUV or a big-big SUV first. Audi Q7 is nice, but haven't driven nor researched about it extensively.

Lexus LX gives off a very floaty feeling. I'd recommend it over the Range Rover if you won't be doing any off-roading. LR-RR's maintenance is a pain in the ass. I'd go Toyota quality here. Personally, I also feel it's overpriced compared to the Toyota LC (it's like Camry vs ES350). But not if you compare it to the likes of Range Rovers.

If it was me, I'll ask if she really needs a SUV. I expect these types of persons to be roaming around in Makati, Greenhills, Ortigas or Taguig. Not Manila. So floods shouldn't pose a significant threat. If then so, I'll buy an ultra-luxury sedan instead. Lexus LS460 would give you the best bang per buck. But the coveted MB S-class isn't far away either.

Already ridden a S-class before in Hong Kong and all I can say is that I can screw somebody at the back and still HAVE space. LOL!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    The LC is so common around here and very popular among car nappers may, I suggest the Chevrolet Suburban 2LT 2WD with the 5.3 V8 for it's size (largest in its Class) and standard features its bang for buck since it only costs around 3.6M and your Tita would sit on luxurious leather Captain Seats in the back....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sm2by View Post
    The LC is so common around here and very popular among car nappers may, I suggest the Chevrolet Suburban 2LT 2WD with the 5.3 V8 for it's size (largest in its Class) and standard features its bang for buck since it only costs around 3.6M and your Tita would sit on luxurious leather Captain Seats in the back....
    if the chevy suburban is too large, you can check out the 2011 chevy tahoe. it has good reviews from the US. the locally sold ones are CBU Arkansas, US

although it does not have captain's seats, the second row seats are still comfortable. but if the budget is for the suburban, you can use the savings on the tahoe to convert the second row seats to captain's seats. i believe this is possible on an order basis

the active engine management system (yun ata ang tawag doon) allows it to shift from v8 to v4 depending on driving conditions and makes it more fuel efficient

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If power is not very important, I suggest the new Nissan Patrol Royale. Though the engine isn't very powerful, its got the most features for the money. Second choice is the Lexus LX570, followed by the Audi Q7 diesel.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup LR has reliability issues, we've owned an 08 rr sport dami kalampag after 2 years of owning it. replaced it with an x5m just a couple of months ago. the x5 has the best handling against it's competitors but it will only seat 5 people comfortably. the audi Q7 is the best looking SUV for me, but the interior sucks, it feels cheap compared to it's competitors, ride is ok, features are ok also, i wouldn't own one. i'd recommend the MB GL450, great features, very comfy, and it will fit 7 people comfortably.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Best premium SUV