New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    *gerbo
    hehe! if you mean 2nd hand carnival, malabo parin. more or less sobra 1m parin ata ang 2nd hand nyan? ewan hehe. its not on my list of recommendations hehe
    *RVR
    will try to talk to them and convince them to buy a 2nd hand carens instead. if the deal is good, then why not

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The new mid-level Innova Sport Runner is nice. And the better tires have made the ride more bearable:

http://bigbigcar.com/boards/default....34&find=unread

Still not as refined as the Carens or Livina, but more than acceptable.

The Carens is nice, suspension is very soft. The Livina is the most car-like, most refined... but sitting in the third row is like sitting in the trunk of a car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ah yes, if 2nd hand cars are feasible, then there is a much broader choice of cars. If I were buying this sort of vehicle, I'll always be looking for a diesel. The Carens is an excellent choice. And if you can find a Carnival that can conform to your budget, even better. Perhaps another suggestion is a 2nd hand CRDi Starex, whether it be the GRX or the newer Grand Starex (assuming you were able to find one that will fit your budget) it will serve you very well. But as always when looking for 2nd hand vehicles, bring a trusted mechanic to look for damages in the car and to make sure it wasn't an "Ondoy-ed" unit.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Toyota Innova if you have the budget under P1m. At least sigrado ka. Try Suzuki APV, kung gusto mo?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Innova SR or a 2nd-hand CRDi Carens for you.

Grand Livina really isn't spacious and is more of an estate car with rear seats than an actual MPV.

Innova has got the ruggedness of the Toyota IMV line-up, with a more forgiving ride than, say, the Fortuner. 2.5 D4D engine isn't fast, but if you only want a strict people carrier, this is the best choice.

I personally like the Carens more, but be warned that at full capacity, it's probably as low as a Genesis Coupe. The plus side though is that at normal operating conditions, this has a better ride than the Innova. And the best part, for me at least, is its engine. Its CRDi can shame those boy-racers in open exhaust Civics and Corollas.

For me, if you need a rugged yet refined vehicle that's strictly a people carrier, it's the Innova. If you want something with a bit more flair, it's got to be the Carens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
And The Best MPV Is? (Help)