New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vefyjeph View Post
    Hi Guys,

Di pa rin kami nakakabili till now. Isip isip pa rin. Pero sa top of the list now ay yung Honda City 1.5. Still open with Elantra 1.6 kaso baka di na abot ng budget... Ok din Vios with its 50k discount kaso ayaw talaga ni wifey. Hehehe. Yung suzuki SX4 crossover naman is now giving 90k discount so from 899k naging 809k after the discount. I bit tempting.
    The SX4 crossover is fine, pero be wary with the limited dealers of Suzuki - ang isa sa mga weaknesses.

Yung sa Accent 1.6 GLS, indent order daw siya sabi ng dealer sa akin.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi Sir,

Were in the same position now also looking for the right subcompact car for my family, we've considered also all the cars you mentioned...but have you tried considering Honda Jazz? so far from our list it tops all subcompact cars both local & international with its fuel efficiency & ample space, the only problem is its price, too expensive for a hatchback at 899K for the Japan version but I heard Thailand version will soon be released and cheaper by 40K...hmmm..but we also like SX4..hirap mag decide!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Once you start considering the Jazz, you should also begin to include the Altis 1.6G and the Elanta 1.6 GL. They're both bigger, though the Altis isn't necessarily more spacious in terms of legroom, but it's wider and much more comfortable to be in. The Elantra has way more passenger space than either the Jazz or Altis.

The 1.5 of the Jazz isn't all that efficient, and can be beaten by the 1.6 1ZR-FE of the Altis, even when paired with a crappy 4-AT. The 1.6 of the Elantra is no slouch in terms of fuel efficiency either.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I was in the same boat like you guys, meron akong 2007 1.5 Honda Jazz , and now i own a 2012 Toyota Yaris,muntik na rin akong mapabili ng Vios 1.5 SE because of 60 K discount offered pero tinanggihan ko, Honda Dealership dont offered us any discount , i choose the 2012 Yaris and i never look back.

Both of them are very reliable,pero ang lamang ng Jazz ay yung space,i dont need the xtra space that the Jazz has, i just need a reliable transportation everyday,but for a price difference of 158 K for AT version Yaris is a no brainer for me .

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Heres my 2012 Yaris AT

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ^
    nice car. can you post some interior photos too?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    *kingsindian

How do you find the trunk space sa likod ng 2nd row seat? Magkakasya kaya ang isang maleta and other stuffs? Isa kasi sa consideration namin ito... Kasi if may baby na kami so 2 kami + baby + yaya and then gamit ni baby...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    How do you find the trunk space sa likod ng 2nd row seat? Magkakasya kaya ang isang maleta and other stuffs? Isa kasi sa consideration namin ito... Kasi if may baby na kami so 2 kami + baby + yaya and then gamit ni baby...
    If you want space, the Yaris isn't the first thing you should be looking at. The Jazz has a much larger cargo area compared to other hatches, while the City has a humongous trunk for a subcompact.

How much exactly is your budget? If you're looking at top-of-the-line subcompacts, that means you're also entering the range of base model compacts. As I've said earlier, cars like the Altis not only have wider interiors (legroom isn't that different though), they also have bigger trunks. I've was recently able to fit 4 full-sized maletas in the trunk of our Altis. I was sure that had it been an FD Civic, or a Mazda3, or any subcompact (except perhaps the City), it wouldn't have been possible since it was such a tight fit in my trunk.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    get an Avanza 1.5G or Innova J if you're already in the 800T price range.. kasyang kasya kahit crib..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Heto Sir ang picture para may idea ka,for me depende sa laki ng maleta,pero katulad ng nasabi ko mas prefer ko ang jazz pag-dating sa space,depende kasi iyan sa dami ng dadalhin mo at kung gaano kalaki ang ilalagay mo,kung mag-lalagay ka ng maleta ,plus yung gamit ng baby mo like stroller sa tingin ko ay hindi Yaris ang dapat para sa iyo,i will definitely consider a 2012 Avanza ,anyway this picture is not mine.

[IMG][/IMG]

Goodluck Sir HTH !

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Best Buy Subcompact Car