New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Most practical to own is the Vios.

The City if you have the moolah.

Accent, Fiesta, Rio for the fun factor (at least initially) but once it breaks down...you won't like it anymore. Repair and parts are not as cheap as the Vios.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hm, so far ako the two subcompacts that I really like is the City 1.5E, Fiesta 1.6L Sport and the 1.4L Suzuki Swift

The Vios looks pretty boring but has that oomph especially if it's the 1.5G MT

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Yup, the 1.5G Vios has a pretty good engine, but in its M/T configuration, it takes a while to get used to working the accelerator and clutch, especially if you're stopped at an uphill road. This is due to the acceleration lag of the drive-by-wire throttle. However, since the TS mentioned all his options are A/T, then this factor is not relevant.

Lugi kasi ako sa 4-speed A/T ng Vios kasi mas madalas ako mag-highway driving.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    As of now, still processing pa ang car loan sa company ni wifey. Her first choice now is Honda City 1.5 as her dream car Tucson is out of the budget range. Honda City is a good car, very pricey nga lang...

I think we have to stay away muna sa Rio and Accent due to the unknown quality of the engine and probably parts availability. I think same lang naman sila ng maintenance cost ng Honda?

I also have taken a look at Avanza. Oks naman exterior nya and not so bad interior... Medyo manipis lang cushions sa sets? And as I read, parang pangit ang Fuel consumption nya for the AT variants?

From time to time I am still checking with my wife if she would like a second hand. Ayaw talaga... Mukhang pasok sa price range (750-850k) kasi yung 2009 Ford Everest or 2009 Isuzu Alterra... Too bad more than 1M pa kasi ang 2010 Tucson Diesel and Montero.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    *vefyjeph,
    sir don't expect too much sa fuel efficiency ng Honda city 1.5E especially for city driving, maybe if you will be using the car mostly sa hi-way ay pwede pa. Kung pang metro-manila ang driving condition, I do recommend na lang ang 1.3S, mas fuel efficient sya and the power is not that bad naman. try to read some post sa honda city club philippines forum before you proceed with your purchase. just my 2 cents..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ayaw mo nung Accent 1.6GLS Blue? No engine knocking problems with this one. And then there's also the Elantra 1.6GL.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Thanks!

My wife agreed with the Elantra 1.6 AT. I hope this is it. Sorry lumayo na sa subcompact na topic!

Just waiting for her company's approval on the car loan... Any recommendation sa dealer? Mandaluyong area kami... I think yung malalapit is sa Shaw, C5-Pasig at Global city... Wala pa kami napuntahan na Hyundai dealer.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    better wait for the chevy sonic/aveo sedan.
    ganda ng specs w/the price range of 700-800k php.
    kaso lng di pa available sa market, from what i have read in sulit the availability of this car will be on 3rd quarter this year. Just check this out http://www.**************/index.php/...OTEC+Turbo+A/T.
    Ganda talaga ng specs nyan kung di lng tlaga need namin SUV yan na ang pipiliin ko.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hi Guys,

As always thanks for your inputs!
    I went to a Hyundai dealer today. Medyo may lag time daw sa Elantra AT for both 1.6 and 1.8... Accent yung may stock... I asked about the knocking and they assured na resolved na daw via ECU update...
    Then I also went to Megamall today with my wife... We saw the Suzuki SX4 crossover. She really liked it. And actually rank it next to her dream car Tucson. I actually liked it as well. Tall ride and ok space. Pero I think within subcompact size pa din ito. May katabi kasi vios and mukhang magkasinghaba naman.

Upon searching reviews here in the phil. I just saw 1 in autoindustriya. Then looking for the actual users, 1 din! Di ata bumenta. Most probably dahil sa price na 900k for 1.6 engine and 4at? I think ok nmn sya kasi nakukuha peak torque at a lower RPM...?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Hi Guys,

Di pa rin kami nakakabili till now. Isip isip pa rin. Pero sa top of the list now ay yung Honda City 1.5. Still open with Elantra 1.6 kaso baka di na abot ng budget... Ok din Vios with its 50k discount kaso ayaw talaga ni wifey. Hehehe. Yung suzuki SX4 crossover naman is now giving 90k discount so from 899k naging 809k after the discount. I bit tempting.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Best Buy Subcompact Car