New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 150 of 158 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1576
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Katapusan na ng M/T yun if same price sya with the A/T
    local fleet operators will probably still prefer MT.
    but they probably comprise only a minority of car sales.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 16th, 2020 at 06:32 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    local fleet operators will probably still prefer MT.
    but they probably comprise only a minority of car sales.
    I guess Taxi's will be left with M/Ts

I know 3 guys from different companies and all issued cars will be replaced by a Toyota Vios XE
    Previous issued cars were the Mirage, Almera and Accent (all M/T)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Subaru sells the BRZ AT and MT models at the same price. I think the MT model sells better. For the WRX, the MT is cheaper by around 50k or 80k but the demand is higher with a waiting period of 2-3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hindi rin. Lahat ng affordable sports cars dito sa Pinas mas mabenta pa rin AT. Miata, WRX, BRZ, 86, and so on.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hindi rin. Lahat ng affordable sports cars dito sa Pinas mas mabenta pa rin AT. Miata, WRX, BRZ, 86, and so on.

Yeah. Spoilt lazy.Battle of the Transmissions: M/T vs. A/T

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Kahit yung iba di rin afford yung affordable sporty cars. Kaya masaya na sa body kits at sandamakmak na chrome, mapa AT man yan or MT. Hehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Same problem as here in the Philippines - sa internet puro comment "why no manual?" "I'd buy this if it came in MT"

Then when you look at actual sales figures - wala naman bumibili. People should really put their wallets where their mouths (or keyboards) are.

Why is the manual transmission going extinct in Malaysia? Because so few of us are buying them - paultan.org

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I thought id like my type R...macho manual hot hatch.

The manual in the end was the reason I rarely drive it. Too punishing in edsa and c5 stop and go traffic. Great great car for the open road (but i cant find any except in my village).

I have a buyer na....using d sale proceeds as part of my warchest for the upcoming LC300

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'm just thankful that I belong to a generation that learned to drive a car with a stick... along with having to use the palm of my hand as a carburetor choke to help my dad start the 12R engine in our owner-type jeep every morning.

Fond memories... which I'd rather they stay that way.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ako yung taga-buhos ng isang tansan ng gasolina sa karburador...
    takot kasi akong ma-higop ng carb yung palad...
    heh heh.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Same problem as here in the Philippines - sa internet puro comment "why no manual?" "I'd buy this if it came in MT"

Then when you look at actual sales figures - wala naman bumibili. People should really put their wallets where their mouths (or keyboards) are.

Why is the manual transmission going extinct in Malaysia? Because so few of us are buying them - paultan.org

malaki pa ba difference in performance and price ng MT at AT ngayon? noon 90's nasa ball park 50k mas mahal ang AT kaysa MT variant ng mga sasakyan.

I have tried out a small bmw diesel with the zf 8hp AT. billion light years apart from our old 94 Accord Exi. it virtually seamless in operation quick and smooth. no gear hunting. Power (or should I say torque) is always available on demand.

I also have experience on a 2012 5sp. AT montero and 2011 navara 5sp auto and 6sp. 2016 fortuner. Montero is fine but is always off boost shifting into 2 or 3 especially when you are hammering it. Navara has a jack rabbit 1st gear mahirap to take off smoothly but kinda deliberate to accelerate after that. the fortuner was one of the units that had the shift shock/delay when down shifting. it had to ne reprogrammed.

personally ok pa ako mag manual in fact our daily is a 2015 manual fortuner pero lets face it nakakapagod din minsan at maski naman sabado linggo o holiday maskip na rin so I kinda understand kun bakit AT ang pinipili ng karamihan maski sports car even if it is an anachronism of sorts.