New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 48 of 158 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by water View Post
    Ito may tanong ako.

Na reach na ba ng mga automobile industry ang technology ng manual transmission or meron pa asenso? Kasi pansin ko parang bullet-proof na manual. Sa civic 96 MT ko na lang hindi pa ako nagpapalit release bearing, clutch...etc. By the way once ko lang pinalitan gear oil nun

Pero sa automatic parang hindi matibay. Parang sirain. Pag nag shift ka sa park to reverse to neutral to drive...vice versa maingay na parang may kumakaskas na bakal. Bakit din pag na drain ng fluid sa matic hindi lumalabas lahat ng fluid. Sana umasenso pa automatic transmission. Ang mahal pag nasira eh.
    There's no such thing as free lunch. If you want the convenience of an A/T, you have to accept the fact that having a complex design would bring out some reliability issues... More parts that could fail.

But A/T's are NOT unreliable. They just need some special attention to make them last long. For one thing, always change the ATF within the prescribed duration. Don't wait for it to turn brown before changing it as once it turns brown, the A/T may have already been damaged. Two, always use the recommended ATF. OEM is best. Third, A/Ts aren't typically designed to be ridden hard. If you want a track car, get a manual. If you prefer aggressive driving, get a manual. I'm not saying that you can't drive an A/T aggressively but if you do, don't expect it to last the life of the car.

This is analogous to using power steering vs. non-power steering. Everybody prefers the former, even though it would require more maintenance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by p_borj View Post
    sa Ortigas Home Depot din mataas dun. maraming namamatayan (M/T of course) hehe.
    Nasa driver na yun, hanging is a skill... Depende din if your car is powerful. Pag malakas yung car mo (higher displacement etc.) mas mahirap mamatay on an incline VS a weaker engined car...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Nasa driver na yun, hanging is a skill... Depende din if your car is powerful. Pag malakas yung car mo (higher displacement etc.) mas mahirap mamatay on an incline VS a weaker engined car...
    try driving my small car sir on that kind of inclined road hehe mapapatunayan niyo yung sinabi niyo. sanay kasi ako sa 1.6-2.0 engines (from boxtype to singkit lancer to cefiro to adventure) and nun napunta ako sa .8l displacement, ngayon lang ako gumagamit nang handbreak sa inclined roads. kulang ang torque para hatakin kaagad nang engine ang car.

*water - yes, parang bulletproof na nga ang M/T (i mean, peak of tech na dahil talagang matagal na sa industry ito).

*oj88 - I agree with you.
    Last edited by p_borj; May 14th, 2010 at 08:02 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    mga bro tsikoters, if your planning to buy a car, you are a new driver and this car your buying most probably be your first and last, what should you go for, Automatic or Manual?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jom's View Post
    mga bro tsikoters, if your planning to buy a car, you are a new driver and this car your buying most probably be your first and last, what should you go for, Automatic or Manual?
    for me, its MT, madali naman matuto magdrive ng MT, plus newbies should know the basic.

about the first and last ride between AT and MT, i would go also on MT, its cheaper, its still the majority of vehicles in RP, its more fuel efficient by a bit but depends on how you drive, it will last longer(i think) though AT may last for-ever? too but any problems may occur, MT will be less expensive to repair than AT, and its fun to drive a MT(what can you ask for?), but AT can be too.

but if you were a driver seeking for comfort at super slow moving traffic at the metro, AT is the way to go.

my urge to drive expressively wants a MT but my injured feet(ankle) tells me its crying for an AT.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    if it were me, buying a car for myself,

I'd get a manual. that or something with a dual clutch A/T.

but then if I were much older... I'd really prefer an automatic

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks bros aejhayl17 & scharnhorst, its really more on the preference of the buyer/driver to choose either Manual or A/T as both trans can be easily learned, maintained for a long time and both have positives and negatives ...

my wife and I have to also address our age and rheumatism, in that regard we would probably go for A/T ... he he lolz

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by scharnhorst View Post
    if it were me, buying a car for myself,

I'd get a manual. that or something with a dual clutch A/T.

but then if I were much older... I'd really prefer an automatic
    Agree.

BTW, sa Europe, hindi mabenta ang A/T. They like it M/T wla lang, trivia lang, hehehe.

Basta kaya pa ng tuhod mo, M/T. Pag tumatanda ka na at may rayuma na, A/T. Kaya ako, naka A/T na ako ngayon. Wala akong rayuma poero tinatamad na akong mag-pedal. Parang gusto ko na ngang mag-hire ng driver e. Hehehe. But I miss my M/T very much... power, control, etc.

walang masyadong high-end models na MT sa atin..puros AT--ex: forester XT, xtrail 250x, outback 3.0, mazdas, hondas, toyotas..

ang high-end lang na MT na alam ko na SOLD LOCALLY, meaning not GRAY IMPORT are impreza wrx and wrx-sti and evo

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieN00b View Post
    Agree.

BTW, sa Europe, hindi mabenta ang A/T. They like it M/T wla lang, trivia lang, hehehe.
    probably because they don't have too many traffic jams in Europe. As far as i know they have very long stretches of roads. You could probably drive for miles without having to stop or downshift B)