New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The rear seat headrests of the Brio won't really protect anyone from whiplash. They're positioned too low and they're fixed.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Didn't notice you had one at TGP already Niky

Still can't get over that rear hatch though. It looks good in the angles on those pics, but I saw one in person and the awfully large glass hatch puts the tail lights too low, making the car look too tall and awkward.

And I don't know if it's a supply issue or whatnot, but there are very few Brios on the road..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Didn't notice you had one at TGP already Niky

Still can't get over that rear hatch though. It looks good in the angles on those pics, but I saw one in person and the awfully large glass hatch puts the tail lights too low, making the car look too tall and awkward.

And I don't know if it's a supply issue or whatnot, but there are very few Brios on the road..
    I hope they eventually release aftermarket tails for the car.

Yeah... problem though is if the hatch isn't that low, it becomes even more useless... the opening needs to be big, given how the fixed seatback makes for tight trunk space.

I don't know if it's supply issue, an uncompetitive price loadout (though that's definitely part of it) or simply poor market presence. People shopping in this price range aren't really thinking "Honda"... and even though it had been out for months when I did my test drive, most people I met were completely unaware the car even existed!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I'm checking the brio specs. Doesn't the low end match the top of the line mirage? if that's the case, brio comes out cheaper?

Not too much on looks. Personally had Honda cars which were abused and yet they still lasted a long time. Can't say the same for Mitsubishi ones I had. That's why I'm on the fence between getting a brio or a mirage.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Honda will always have that brand equity. I'd understand why people will still perceive it higher than Mitsubishi.

Objectively though I can't say for certain that the Brio is better built than the Mirage. But going by specs, the Mirage still has the advantage with foglamps, steering wheel audio controls, Bluetooth, automatic climate control, smart key entry, and push button ignition. Bigger boot too, and in my opinion looks nicer with a design that ages better.

The Brio may have the advantage of a bigger engine, but the L13A is lethargic except near its redline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by olats View Post
    I'm checking the brio specs. Doesn't the low end match the top of the line mirage? if that's the case, brio comes out cheaper?

Not too much on looks. Personally had Honda cars which were abused and yet they still lasted a long time. Can't say the same for Mitsubishi ones I had. That's why I'm on the fence between getting a brio or a mirage.
    All the mitsu in my family had been used and abused but maintained properly. They are all with us, still running.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Up

I know its short

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Nothing comes close to Mirage economy. Not even the Wigo's upfront cost. I dont understand why they even consider Wigo's price over Mirage for economy.

Just wondered a deep down computation

Assuming both cars reached 100kms (which is arguably reached normally within 5years)

Mirage: 14km/l ave FC
    Wigo: 11km/l ave FC

Mirage: 100000km / 14km/l = 7142.8571 Liters of gas
    Wigo: 100000km / 11km/l = 9090.9090 Liters of gas

Mirage: 7142.8571 L * P40 Gas = 285714.284 Pesos
    Wigo: 9090.9090 L * P40 Gas = 363636.3636 Pesos

Thats almost 80k difference in 100000kms alone. what more in 10 years? what more if driven majority highway? you can already have a budget already for a new subcompact by then. In 5 years, you have experienced a better car in technically the same price as Wigo. Not to mention Mirage's has 5 year warranty and is environmentally more friendly.

Internationally it is already noted to be the most fuel efficient non-hybrid car lately. Tops several list already like 'Forbes green car'

Looking forward for the new Spark and Celerio.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Not to nitpick but masydo mataas ang 100k km in 5 years. That is high mileage territory. Mas ideal ang 60k km for city cars.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    Not to nitpick but masydo mataas ang 100k km in 5 years. That is high mileage territory. Mas ideal ang 60k km for city cars.
    For folks living in south metro manila, our annual average is 15k km. This is assuming you go to work in Makati or Ortigas areas. Mileage will be higher if you work in Quezon City. A second car comes handy for coding purposes or to be used alternately with your primary ride.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keithdb View Post
    For folks living in south metro manila, our annual average is 15k km. This is assuming you go to work in Makati or Ortigas areas. Mileage will be higher if you work in Quezon City. A second car comes handy for coding purposes or to be used alternately with your primary ride.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Battle of the Subcompact Cars (Mirage, Fiesta, Wigo, Brio, etc.)