New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by turboride View Post
    I think fiest hatch looks okay if you are 5'7 or shorter. It looks a little awkward for tall drivers/passengers. So assuming that accent probs are 'hit or miss' (knocking, 5-6km/l, etc), I'll go with the Accent. You wouldn't want to see people ask 'kasya ba tayo jan?' if you suddenly offer a ride.
    5-6km/L?

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    5-6km/L?
    there are isolated reports in the accent threads somewhere. alarming yun kung totoo. parang accord ko na konsumo nun.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    For the front area (driver and front passenger) are the hatch smaller than the sedan on both vehicles? I noticed that I have a hard time fitting in the Fiesta but not in the Accent, thus our family is considering the Accent more, even though we love Fords (we own three Fords). Though I really like the look of the Fiesta Hatch.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Not sure sa Accent since di pa lumabas yung hatch version nya for sa Fiesta the sedan and the hatch are equal in size mas malaki lang trunk space ng sedan...

The Accent is more spacious than the Fiesta that's for sure...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Regards the fuel issue... personally... no issue if gas can fix it and only a few owners are experiencing it. Aside from the 3 in the thread... how many others are there? That points more to gas quality in their areas than anything else. 5-6 km/l... too hard to tell... the other 1.5s and 1.6s in the class can get 7 km/l in bad traffic (done it with the Jazz 1.5), so I assume that even worse traffic can do... worse. I've had friends complain about fuel economy with the Hondas, too. If you want economy, the Mazda 1.5 and Yaris 1.5 are your best bets amongst hatchbacks, but they're smaller than the rest.

What I'd consider issues for the Accent are the engine mount noises and bottoming out.

What I'd consider issues for the Fiesta are the suspension noises and some niggles with the transmission logic (though the transmission tends to be more decisive if it's not a media beater and if you use "L" mode for acceleration).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Basta sa big guy like me, hirap ako sa Fiesta nung sinakyan ko. Pero hirap din me sa vios eh. Avanza ok lang. I guess the look of the car is really deceiving sometimes. Talagang its better if you extensively able to test drive a vehicle before purchasing. Para ung long drive ma-feel mo rin if ok yung ergonomis ng car as a whole.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for the very informative responses so far guys!
    And yes, I am targetting the "Hatches" not the sedan, so there clearly should be no comparison of the trunk space. maybe just the driver and the passenger spaces since I assume that the accent hatch would be the same as the sedan minus the "pwet".

As for the looks I think it depends on ones taste, so far both are head turners for me, so for that category IMHO they are tied.

BTW for added info, my budget is below 700k so this competition is for the Fiesta 1.4trend and the Accent 1.4AT(since no news yet if there will be a 1.4MT with safety specs for the hatch).

To summarize here are the "bad" things about the cars so far:

FIESTA:
    Moisture in headlights (not an issue for me since it warranty covered)
    Noise in dashboard (i think its a small acceptable flaw)
    Suspension noise but not kalampag (hmmm.. this one made me curious)
    Smaller interior space (sigh...)

Accent
    Engine knock (need to find out the percentage of owners experiencing this issue, cause for me, its a major one)
    Higher PMS (was not aware of this one, considering Hyundai is promoting their 5 yr warranty(?) vs the 3yrs of most cars, if it has a shorter interval i think its not that cost efficient at all)
    Bottoming out (this is a serious one i think, since in the long run it may affect the car's frame or whatever you call that)

In the end, I have to weigh these negative things and "experience" them on my own before making the final judgment.
    I need to feel "WOW, eto na ang gusto ko" when I test drive either of them =)

Keep on sending your comments!
    Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yan talaga kailangan mo pang ingredient in choosing your car, yung WOW factor.

Kung hatch pala trip mo it would be a while pa before the Accent is released here.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Actually kung "dating" factor lang ang iisipin, mas may dating yung Fiesta S sa Accent hatch. Haha

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Brad, i know nagpapalimit ka lang sa fiesta and accent -- pero may choices ka pa sa 700k. My personal opinion is that the jazz still leads this segment. Dali pa pormahan. In my experience, hatchbacks are not keepers unless you buy it as a second car or its a mini. If that will be you're first car, (same as my EG hatch long ago) you will be bound to sell that when you have 2 kids and a yaya. Yung Jazz madaling idispose for a good price. Opinion ko lang naman brad.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which is the "Badder" Choice? 2010 Ford Fiesta vs 2011 Hyundai Accent