New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hello there!

By last quarter of the year or early quarter of 2012, I will be buying a car. I've been eyeing for the Fiesta since it was released here locally and IMHO the Hyundai Accent is the worthy oponent. I've read somewhere that the Accent Hatchback will be released by the last quarter of this year. I am a hatch lover and since the accent has no hatch yet, no need to discuss the advantage/disadvantage of a sedan vs a hatch. =)

Instead of asking the "good" qualities the car, I want to ask you guys what are the things you dont like about your car (for an accent of fiesta owner), or what made you decide not buying the other car (for someone considered any of the cars in the subject and ended up buying another car).
    Kindly stick to only Fiesta and Accent since these are my top 2 choices.
    Things I consider are reliablity, PMS costs, over-all after sales service of the brand, fuel efficiency, pogi points for my wife that is.

Thank you in advance fellow tsikoters!
    Looking forward for your helpful insights and opinions!

PS: Somehow I can't modify the subject. I should have meant Which is the "bad" choice?..
    Any negative feedbacks about the 2 cars are welcome.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Fiesta here for me. It really looks badder in the hatch form. Don't dare getting the sedan version, it's ugly as crap at the rear.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I also don't like the rear view of the Fiesta/Mazda 2 sedans.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The Accent is nice but the Fiesta is better..... in terms of design and performance.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    The Accent is nice but the Fiesta is better..... in terms of design and performance.
    +1 here if you are strictly talking about the hatch. If you can wait for the accent hatch, mas ok sana na pareho mo ma-test drive.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Sa looks mas ok ang Fiesta IMO. I am not being biased ok, kasi yung Accent hatch parang kinopya like yung Fiesta sa sides. Tapos yung back mukang i30 which is not that good looking. The front looks like the Accent sedan...

PMS costs siguro lamang ang Fiesta, 10,000km interval VS Accent's 5000km interval... Tapos yung first two PMS ng Fiesta FREE pati oil and filter FREE. Sa Hyundai 1000km pa lang change oil na and its not free only the labor is free... Same also with 5000km only the labor is free...

Reliability, hard to say at this point. The Fiesta has more history since its been out in Europe for 3 years yung Accent bago lang talaga... Its a toss up...

Fuel efficiency = I get higher 10's and lower 11's in pure city. I once went to Nasugbu, Batangas and I netted 16.1km/L on that whole trip which was around 260km back and forth... This is for the 1.6L DCT... Not sure what the Accent gets, ikaw na mag tanong and mag research...

Negatives about the Fiesta that is not obvious at the showrooms are headlights have a tendency to moist inside. This is covered by warranty and I know a lot of Fiesta owners already replacing their headlights. Isolated cases include rattling in the dashboard specifically near the glove box and weird noises in the suspension (pero di kalampag)...

The only negative thing at least that I know sa Accent is the engine knock issue...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Simple. Hyundai Accent.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    I think fiest hatch looks okay if you are 5'7 or shorter. It looks a little awkward for tall drivers/passengers. So assuming that accent probs are 'hit or miss' (knocking, 5-6km/l, etc), I'll go with the Accent. You wouldn't want to see people ask 'kasya ba tayo jan?' if you suddenly offer a ride.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    He was referring to the Accent hatch, if you read his post its the Accent hatch that he is waiting for and not the current sedan. He is a hatchback lover...

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    Which one is wider though?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which is the "Badder" Choice? 2010 Ford Fiesta vs 2011 Hyundai Accent