New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I have a friend who's planning to sell their Gen 1 2002 Expedition and replace it with either an Alphard or a Town & Country. Kaso medyo naguguluhan siya kung alin sa 2 ang bibilhin, ayaw na niya ng SUV kasi a van fits their lifestyle better. Kung ako Alphard ang pipiliin ko coz wala akong bilib sa quality ng American made cars, the only thing that's going for the T&C is its 2.8 CRDI engine. Their choices are limited to the 2 vans mentioned, possibly, pwede rin siguro yung ma grey market vans like the Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey. Ok sana Grand Starex sa kanila pero sawa na sila doon (they have 3 within the family) at di nila gusto yung Carnival.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you don't mind the fuel bills, the Toyota Alphard 3.5 V6 is my pick.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you don't mind the fuel bills, the Toyota Alphard 3.5 V6 is my pick.
    I think fuel bills is not much of an issue for my friend, considering the Alphard is going to replace a Gen 1 Expedition. Sa tingin ko mas matipid pa rin sa gas yung Alphard kesa sa Exped. My friend is also looking at the gray market Toyota Sienna, kasi medyo makitid daw yung 3rd row ng Alphard compared to the Sienna plus the Sienna's lower ground clearance would definitely help since its his parents are the one who's gonna use it eh medyo may edad na rin so mas madali ang ingress/egress for them.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kung Sienna is in the equation I like it more than the Asian looking Alphard. Sa mga mini vans I always liked the American design like the Sienna or the Town and Country.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ever considered the Carnival? It looks quite similar to the Chrysler, and its got a better engine- that is, with the grey market version sold by Hancars which you can get with the Sorento/Santa Fe's 197hp/436Nm 2.2R e-VGT engine.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    at di nila gusto yung Carnival.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ever considered the Carnival? It looks quite similar to the Chrysler, and its got a better engine- that is, with the grey market version sold by Hancars which you can get with the Sorento/Santa Fe's 197hp/436Nm 2.2R e-VGT engine.
    Hmmm..

The message you have entered is too short

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ayaw ng friend ko ng Kia, I think they want something more exclusive, hence their choices.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Im also looking for feedback for the Chrysler. Particularly regarding reliability and service level at the dealer. I've driven this van all over the US and its pretty darn good. I dont know if its been fully 'Philippinized' or how good the dealer service level is though.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I vote Alphard for this, because resale value of Chrysler is awful

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Alphard for me as well. Only Grand Starex Limousine can compete with it as of now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota Alphard 3.5 V6 vs Chrysler Town & Country 2.8 CRDI