New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Innova E, more space, more features, plus the diesel engine for better fuel economy.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    sorry for doubting you guys...talked to a dealer, confirmed all Innova variants have dual airbags now

So yung difference between the Innova E and J is basically the ABS, power locks and windows?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    sorry for doubting you guys...talked to a dealer, confirmed all Innova variants have dual airbags now

So yung difference between the Innova E and J is basically the ABS, power locks and windows?
    to me, the absence of power locks and windows, is a huge turn-off.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    to me, the absence of power locks and windows, is a huge turn-off.
    May nag kakabit naman ng aftermarket na power lock and windows. Like shark Philippines. Ang nakaka turn off eh, yung abs dahil yun talaga mahirap remedyuhan.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

Yes. Those, the rear wiper and alloy wheels. I'd go for a 2nd hand E, if I only had the budget for a J.

My dad had the opportunity to drive the Avanza 1.5G A/T of a relative on a provincial trip, and he commented on the apparent lack of power and so-so gas mileage (though he wasn't able to give a number). Now given that the city gas mileage of these two are more or less similar, considering the P10/L difference between diesel and gasoline, that is a very big difference in terms of fuel costs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes. Those, the rear wiper and alloy wheels. I'd go for a 2nd hand E, if I only had the budget for a J.

My dad had the opportunity to drive the Avanza 1.5G A/T of a relative on a provincial trip, and he commented on the apparent lack of power and so-so gas mileage (though he wasn't able to give a number). Now given that the city gas mileage of these two are more or less similar, considering the P10/L difference between diesel and gasoline, that is a very big difference in terms of fuel costs.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for your inputs sirs. yeah i don't think there are aftermarket ABS kits out there. The E just might be worth the 100k+ premium. Pag hulugan naman you won't notice the 100k.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Had a 1st gen Avanza G. Upgraded to a Innova d4d. Hands down the Innova is better. Bigger, more passenger space, better FC, better handling on ht e highway, more power. The Avanza sucked gas. A full tank would last me a week. With the D4D it was min 1.5 weeks sometimes up to 2 weeks with more trips/routes than the Avanza. Diesel is cheaper! The Avanza had teribble handling on the highway. It tends to sway with the wind.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Innova for me. Can't discount the space and comfort of a bigger ride.

Re the airbags, seatbelts are actually a better safety feature. Airbags only deploy on frontal impact -- and that's not even true all of the time.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I get over 500Km sa 1 full tank sa avanza J. I get a little over 400Km sa 1 full tank sa Innova G. mas malaki pa ang fuel tank ng Innova.

BTW, both are vvti and m/t.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    If Innova, get the diesel. Kung gas naman, mas tipid palagag ko Avanza kung isahan lang laman. Punuan, baka mas ok Innova.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast