New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Para maiba naman, which among these small premium wagons would you choose? I like wagons cuz trunk space is very flexible compared to a regular sedan.

Also, I know the X3 is not supposed to be in the list but since BMW here doesn't offer the 3-series wagon, I just added this even if I'm not after its 4x4 feature. Lets saw pre-owned pag X3 para di sobrang layo sa price.

I just put some criterias but you can of course use your own..

1) looks in and out
    2) usable interior space (I've checked and B-class is roomiest, A4 smallest)
    3) drive, fun factor
    4) features, options
    5) uniqueness/prestige/feel good factor
    6) economical to run? (unit cost, repair cost, fuel, etc)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    A4 Avant...i like audis.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    me too...
    A4 for me...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Puwede bang RS4? :evillaugh

Though I'm not much of a wagon fan... but it might change if I actually use one for a couple of weeks.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    test drove them all about 5 months ago (except the B-class, which isn't available where i live). A4 hands down on every dimension - utility, performance, looks, interior, you name it.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Ahh I see.. I was thinking about the models offered here...

Audi A4 Avant - 2.0L 130hp
    BMW X3 - 2.5L 190hp ?
    Merc B-class - 2.0L 136hp
    Volvo V50 - 2.4L 170hp

I've test driven the A4 1.8T sedan and it seemed a bit better than the Volvo S40 and you also don't feel that there's a turbo inside. But it wasn't offered in Avant version and I haven't driven the base 2.0L engine.
    Last edited by ryan; January 28th, 2006 at 02:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    For wagons, I'd choose the V50. It's simply versatile and safe, and now, it's got the attitude.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ryan, is the A4 offered in 2.0 or 2.0T over there? i drove the 2.0T and that thing felt like a V6...zero turbo lag and plenty of pickup for even a heavy car (the Avant with Quattro weighs almost 4000 lb). i highly recommend it.

it's also highly 'chippable' if you're into that sort of thing. if you need a lot of hauling capacity, you can't beat the X3. typical BMW smoothness, power, and handling even with the relatively small 2.5L. my dealer loaned me one for a week while my car was in service and i liked it so much i got an SUV as my next car (i got something bigger than the X3 though)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i test drove the b-class (B170) last year. very light steering and the interior looks plain and bland.

Interms of design, A4 Avant!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    ryan, is the A4 offered in 2.0 or 2.0T over there? i drove the 2.0T and that thing felt like a V6...zero turbo lag and plenty of pickup for even a heavy car (the Avant with Quattro weighs almost 4000 lb). i highly recommend it.

it's also highly 'chippable' if you're into that sort of thing. if you need a lot of hauling capacity, you can't beat the X3. typical BMW smoothness, power, and handling even with the relatively small 2.5L. my dealer loaned me one for a week while my car was in service and i liked it so much i got an SUV as my next car (i got something bigger than the X3 though)
    I think our local dealer only offers the A4 in either 2.0 (non-turbo) or 1.8T. The 1.8T felt fine, not fast but good enough although I haven't tried the A4 w/ base engine. Interior design is very classy (better than 3-series for me). My only main complaint on the A4 is that interior space is quite small.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Audi A4 Avant vs Merc B-class vs Volvo V50 vs BMW X3