New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala
    For wagons, I'd choose the V50. It's simply versatile and safe, and now, it's got the attitude.
    The stronger V50 would seem to be the better choice. (value for money?)

Whats the price difference between the V50 and the A4 Avant?
    Last edited by AG4; January 30th, 2006 at 10:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    VW Touareg!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    The stronger V50 would seem to be the better choice. (value for money?)

Whats the price difference between the V50 and the A4 Avant?
    Malaki ren yung difference. Yung V50 nasa 2.4M ata while the A4 Avant I think nasa 2.9M

Mas loaded sa features yung A4 kaso lang 2.0L engine lang and baka bitin. The 1.8T I test drove (sedan) was ok so I'm kinda concerned about the non-turbo 2liter engine's performance.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict
    Hi Ryan. Yung BMW X3 ... the ride is stiffer pa than the CRV 10 seater. Run flat tires kasi siya so the sidewalls of the rubber are like 3x stiffer than normal tires.Sitting in the front or back, its a stiff ride kaya lang yung can really feel how well the car handles. I guess walang perfect ride. Kung sobrang comfortable naman baka wala na yung 'road feel'.

The difference between the 3.0 X3 vs the 2.5 X3 are (I think) automatic climate control vs manual climate control. The panoramic sunroof is only available in the 2.0 liter CRDi Diesel Version --- yes mayroon sila ng X3 na Diesel version. 150hp daw yung engine and its available only in a 6-speed manual only (no steptronic).
    Wow, reminds me of the Mini Cooper S. Sobrang tagtag yung ride nya grabe. Yung regular Mini medyo matagtag ren kaso I guess pwede na.

Hmm..ok sana yung diesel X3 kaso lang pag manual only, medyo kakapagod if used as an everyday car.

Anyways, thanks for your feedback, I will try to check on the X3. Kita ko kasi inaadvertise sa papers. Baka may good deal na pre-owned.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    Malaki ren yung difference. Yung V50 nasa 2.4M ata while the A4 Avant I think nasa 2.9M

Mas loaded sa features yung A4 kaso lang 2.0L engine lang and baka bitin. The 1.8T I test drove (sedan) was ok so I'm kinda concerned about the non-turbo 2liter engine's performance.
    The Volvo V50 2.4 is laready P2.4M!(?)
    I think last October it was still P2.29M.

...still a better buy than the weaker(and heavier?) A4 Avant.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EQAddict - where do you live? i'm curious why BMW decided to equip the X3 with run flats in your market....it doesn't seem to make sense. the X3 has all the room in the world for a spare.

my BMW dealer gave me a X3 3.0 for a week while my 330ci was in the shop...it's almost crazy to say this, but the ride and the handling of the X3 is not that far off from a 3-series coupe with sport suspension. yep, that's very good indeed imo.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm choosing the V50.

This is despite the fact that I wish that it would also have the 2.5 liter T5 and D5 diesel variants here in RP.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    The V50 would be nice if Volvo comes out with the T5 variant.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hear hear, sayang kung 2.4 nga lang yung available. Or maybe they're saving the T5 for the upcoming Focus ST?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Hear hear, sayang kung 2.4 nga lang yung available. Or maybe they're saving the T5 for the upcoming Focus ST?
    That would be a nice "affordable" hot hatch kung matuloy hehe!

But going back, sayang talga if Volvo will not bring in the T5 variant for their S40/V50 cars. Maybe takot sila that it might affect their S60 sales if ever

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Audi A4 Avant vs Merc B-class vs Volvo V50 vs BMW X3