New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord View Post
    *ponkan: yes, 15s lang for 2007 2.0 xtrail. Hindi pa yung cvt tranny.

*vinj: yes, quite unusual for a Nissan. Pero nung mga earlier years nya, I tried searching for similar stories with fellow xtrail owners. I found out that there are a handful owners having the same predicament. Some of these guys even changed their stock blowers with blowers from a mitsu pajero. Walang problema sa lamig ng hangin. Dun lang talaga sa hina ng blowers. Ang hinala ko since cbu Japan at Tokyo model ang tawag eh talagang hindi binigyan ng pansin yung blower since malamig naman sa japan.

To TS: subjective yan ha. What seems to be poor aircon to me might not be for others. What might seems to be at par ride comfort might not be for others. In a nutshell: just test drive so you get to feel these by yourself.
    Hmmm... parang tama yung observation mo on the blowers. Possibly it's not "tropicalized" given the X-Trail is a JDM market spec model.

Agree: Test drive!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    . "i'd happily trade my entrails for an extrail..."
    This is a good one! Thanks Dr. d for the comprehensive feedback

We went to a Nissan showroom to check the XTrail 2.0 variant that we're considering. The exterior looks sturdy and classy, but the interior did feel a bit dated...so, having driven an Innova 2.0AT in the past, we felt something was lacking with the XTrail 2.0. The 2.5 variant is much, much nicer, but of course the price is much, much for our budget as well :-)

But here's the thing: right beside the Nissan showroom is Hyundai's, and we got to look at the 2014 FL Elantra. We were floored. This car looks so stylish without being arrogant. The interior is so sophisticated, I think I have forgotten about my first love, the Altis! The price is just about the same as the new Altis, too. I'm seeing a lot of Hyundais on the road, am I right to interpret this as a brand (and the Elantra, as a car) worth considering?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cherice View Post
    But here's the thing: right beside the Nissan showroom is Hyundai's, and we got to look at the 2014 FL Elantra. We were floored. This car looks so stylish without being arrogant. The interior is so sophisticated, I think I have forgotten about my first love, the Altis! The price is just about the same as the new Altis, too. I'm seeing a lot of Hyundais on the road, am I right to interpret this as a brand (and the Elantra, as a car) worth considering?
    Between Elantra and the Altis, I'd go with the Altis for generally worry free motoring.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'll go for the Elantra 1.8L variant. 1.6L variants of the Altis seems unappealing to me and the 2.0L variant is close to entry-spec Toyota Camry levels.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun25 View Post
    Between Elantra and the Altis, I'd go with the Altis for generally worry free motoring.
    I agree to this one. i will go for the Altis and enjoy worry free if not ease of maintenance and warranty claims.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get the Altis, Hyundai sedans have horror stories regarding quality and warranty claims.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i'd choose the all new altis if I can wait. hehehe no more korean cars for me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    hyundai vs toyota - check the horror stories first of both car company hari/hahn vs tmpi

there you would know which is a better car rather than a die hard fanboy input.

yes xtrail is a cbu unit from japan.- downside is gas guzzler other than that its an okay suv. upside- it's a no nonsense capable suv that's why it's interior is a bit outdated, it can climb a steep hill like the other gas guzzler suzuki vitara(gas is a lot cheaper than diesel in other countries like japan, us and eu.)

don't buy a car just for the sake of the useless gadgets added in it or it's styling, make that a secondary choice.

buy the car based on the engine and it's performance(economy, ease of maintenance,and claim of warranties just in case)
    Last edited by victorevolution; January 7th, 2014 at 12:24 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    At first, glance I would automatically choose the Xtrail for the value. But in the long run, it's still a SUV, so it would be more pricey to maintain, and the fuel economy may surprise you if you drive a sedan. You will be rewarded with more space and comfort though.

Having driven 3 generations of Toyota Altis, I would still wait for it anytime of day for a long term investment.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    We should create a poll. But it looks like the Altis gets the majority vote

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Apples to Oranges: All-New Toyota Altis or Nissan XTrail 2.0 or Honda City 1.5EL?