Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo_41786 View Post
    Magkano naman down nyan sir? thanks.
    300K po...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    go for more power/displ. unless wala kang plan mag pasahero ng madami or dumala ng madaming gamit.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Daihatsu Indonesia manufactures the Altis for Toyota.
    The Altis being here in the Philippines are from Thailand.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ah, ok. Daihatsu manufactures the Camry units too (sold as Daihatsu Altis) so I thought they manufacture the Corollas also because that'll be more streamlined, businesswise.

Anyway, still, a Japan CBU is better. Even spec for spec, Lancer EX is way ahead.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    The Lancer is nice and all but the TS was only asking about the two corolla variants. Resale value and maintenance especially with the tons of surplus parts will really ease the mind of the buyer.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think it's pretty obvious that he's after the Altis (it's in the title). I'm just giving him options and info to make an educated decision, something that also helped us when we were about to buy a Fortuner but instead someone pointed us to a better choice 3yrs back.

Anyway, it's still up to him if he wants to settle with a car riddled with so many issues (as evidenced by several complaints in the altis thread).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that he's after the Altis (it's in the title). I'm just giving him options and info to make an educated decision, something that also helped us when we were about to buy a Fortuner but instead someone pointed us to a better choice 3yrs back.

Anyway, it's still up to him if he wants to settle with a car riddled with so many issues (as evidenced by several complaints in the altis thread).
    [SIZE=2]Hi sir! I see that you are quite insistent about alternative cars we can consider, which I appreciate actually since shelling out a lot of money for a new car is not an easy thing; hence value for our money should be taken into serious consideration. We have actually considered other cars before, but for some reason, we felt that those other cars were not "the one" for us. We appreciated more the traditional luxury and comfort and good utility that the Altis provides, as the new car is intended to be a family sedan first and foremost. But if I am to buy a car for myself only, then the Lancer GT-A or Focus 2.0 diesel would probably be battling it out for my final choice! Hehehe... It's just that our choice of the Altis is a collective family decision, since we felt that it suits our needs better than the other alternatives out there.

As for the problems regarding the new Altis, we are aware of that, and it's good to note that some posters at the Altis thread were able to suggest solutions for the problems they've had. There are no perfect cars; all have their own respective concerns and issues. [/SIZE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12