New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi, we're planning to buy the all-new 1.5 Honda Jazz soon. Had a discussion with a relative awhile ago and she was convincing us to get a different car. Didn't have second thoughts naman kasi decided na kami ng wife ko. Hehe.

I know wala pa malamang makakapag-bigay ng first-hand experience on the new Honda Jazz, pero based on the reviews in the net, how does the new Jazz compare with the current model Vios and Yaris?

Engine, Fuel-Consumption?
    Interior?
    Exterior?
    Safety?
    Spaciousness?
    Features?
    Maintenance? (around how much ba yung regular maintenance costs for the 3 cars?)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I just found out that the 2nd Gen Toyota Vios is very ideal for LPG conversion according to my taxi owner friend (unlike the first gen, parang mahina daw kaha). so expect, na this will be the apple of the eye of taxi operators in the future.

the yaris has some problems daw in airconditioning accdg. sa yaris thread. mahirap daw palamigin ang car.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i'm planning on getting the new honda jazz, too.. i'd appreciate any feedbacks here as well if you got any comparisons to offer. thanks!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    get the new honda jazz... why? because for me, it's good looking, high resale value, fuel efficient and the feeling is different if you own a Honda in this country... not to mention how fast the car is in its class...

anyway, these are just my opinions...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Get the new Honda Jazz

Wala naman problema ang aircon ng Yaris.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kailangan pa ba itanong yan? Of course Honda Jazz. The Yaris was blown off the waters with this new Jazz. Forget the Vios. The only reason you would get a Yaris or a Vios is budget, besides that Jazz panalo in everything

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    toyota vios for me mas matipid s maintenance. mura parts and labor
    s honda sobra mahal natry ko na sa honda sir ko

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post
    toyota vios for me mas matipid s maintenance. mura parts and labor
    s honda sobra mahal natry ko na sa honda sir ko
    Considering the SiR is a compact-class sportscar that was only sold here in limited numbers, and which had a very expensive engine inside of it (Honda had to pull off amazing feats of cost-cutting to keep the price low... if they hadn't, the SiR would have cost over 100,000 pesos more than it did) and the Vios is a subcompact economy car, the comparison just doesn't make sense.

Maintaining [b]any[/ b] compact car costs more than maintaining a subcompact car... and maintaining a thinly disguised sportscar costs even more than that.

Current Honda casa pricing is not categorically more expensive than Toyota casa pricing... though both charge waaaay too much for the accessories they sell.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

While the Jazz is still giving me sleepless nights, maintenance costs is a major deterrent for me. I suspect it may need to be (almost) exclusively maintained in the CASA.

Sparkplug replacement for example... the Jazz engine compartment has limited space, and other opposite side of the engine (the one opposite the hood opening) is where the plugs are. To replace, I was told by Honda Pasig Service that the windshield assembly (where the wipers are), have to be removed, to reach the hidden side of the engine. While they say that they put in iridiums which are good for 100k kms, it worries me that I may be at the mercy of the casa for the lifetime of the car.

Honda fluids are also known to be proprietary. Maybe we can use our preferred RP or Motul engine oil later on, but all else may have to be sourced from Honda.

Anyway, mas matipid pa rin siguro ang Toyota maintenance, over Honda. I think the Vios and Yaris can already be serviced by some reputable shops, outside of Toyota.

I may be wrong here, and I would be glad to be wrong. All I need is some insight that maintenance costs on the Jazz is reasonable.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When Honda makes you use synthetic, they give you the choice of a 10,000 kilometer service interval. Which matters a lot, because most of the cost of service is in the cost of labor, where the dealership makes the most of its money.

And who's to say that Toyotas would be any easier to service? The sparkplugs on the Vios engine are still underneath a plastic cover underneath the air-filter... they're not that much easier to change.

And at least the new Jazz 1.3 doesn't have eight spark-plugs anymore... or a CVT which requires specialized (and expensive) CVT-specific transmission fluid.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
All-New Honda Jazz vs. Toyota Yaris vs. Toyota Vios