New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    when will the crdi accent be available? how about between the base model accent and base model fiesta? it's much harder to choose between the two since there is a huge difference between the prices. it will be used more like a back-up car lang naman.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzeLSMT View Post
    Hi guys. Need help in choosing between the new hyundai accent blue and the ford fiesta sport.
    hhmmmm, i was in this situation a few weeks/months ago. I bought a Chevy Cruze. But then again, you already have a Cruze.

Next choice ko would be Hyundai Accent, but when I heard about the 4 speed automatic, I was disappointed.

Fiesta is your bet. I'll choose this over Accent Gas. Accent has 5 year warranty versus Fiesta and both have new looks.

Hard decision as both cars have its points. If your more into hatch, definitely Fiesta, but if you want compact sedan, Accent looks much better than Fiesta Sedan. IMO.

But if you want diesel, go for the Accent, but you have a few months waiting time for it to be launched.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    hhmmmm, i was in this situation a few weeks/months ago. I bought a Chevy Cruze. But then again, you already have a Cruze.

Next choice ko would be Hyundai Accent, but when I heard about the 4 speed automatic, I was disappointed.

Fiesta is your bet. I'll choose this over Accent Gas. Accent has 5 year warranty versus Fiesta and both have new looks.

Hard decision as both cars have its points. If your more into hatch, definitely Fiesta, but if you want compact sedan, Accent looks much better than Fiesta Sedan. IMO.

But if you want diesel, go for the Accent, but you have a few months waiting time for it to be launched.

i noticed that the accent's interior looks a lot like our cruze. plus the creases on the sides and even the key.

+1 for fiesta because of this. ayoko namang magkamukha masyado cars namin.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hmm, fingers crossed nalang sa diesel na Accent

I think Mazda designed the 2 to mimic their Miata. Lightweight = zoom zoom. Reminds me of Lotus tuloy...

As for the comparison, withhold nalang muna ako since wala pa reviews yun Accent. I still don't like the transmission in a world na puro 5-speed. But the dual-clutch system in the Fiesta is more of "marketing" rather than practical in a daily drive.

So.. I'll wait it out nalang muna

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i agree that you should wait for the accent diesel sometime next year before deciding

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For me it boils down to use... The Accent is more conservatove and the interior design is very conservative, so I would say its suited more for a family man...

The Fiesta is more for individuals... Its steering is sharp and precise and is fun to drive.

Of course no one has driven the new Accent, but if I was a betting man I would bet Ford Europe still makes better handling and sharper handling cars than Hyundai...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    When will the accent be available in the market? mahaba pa rin ba ang waiting time for the fiesta or is it readily available this time?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I think effective January 3..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzeLSMT View Post
    When will the accent be available in the market? mahaba pa rin ba ang waiting time for the fiesta or is it readily available this time?
    Sa Sport mahaba pa din pila. sa Trend naman mas mabilis depende sa color and variant.

Yung Style walang pila!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    for me I'll wait for the diesel accent & fiesta before deciding. Kung alin ang mas mura at fuel efficient doon ako. So far ang fiesta ay may review sa australian website na ang consumo ay less than 4L/100 km at her present 1.6L tdci engine with detuned power output. Pag kinabitan mo ito ng german made power boxes (race chip, mal, etc.) sigurado na "power to surprise" (Kia pahiram lang po ng phrase) talaga sa highway. Still you can keep its economical city driving by disconnecting the "power box" because this is just plug & drive modification.

Pang matagalan kasi sa amin ang sasakyan kaya fuel consumption wise ay
    winner ang diesel against petrol model kahit pa na mas mahal ang acquisition cost ng diesel car. Well.. personal opinion & choice ko lang ito.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
All New Accent vs. Fiesta