New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi guys. Need help in choosing between the new hyundai accent blue and the ford fiesta sport.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzeLSMT View Post
    Hi guys. Need help in choosing between the new hyundai accent blue and the ford fiesta sport.
    FORD FIESTA SPORT!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Accent. I hate the Fiesta's looks, especially the sedan. Same thing with the Mazda 2. Only the hatch looks good. But right now, specs wise, the Accent still cannot compete with the Fiesta. Wait till the 6 speed A/T and diesel engine comes in... But still the other creature features exclusive to the Accent are very noteworthy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'm not being biased because i'll be buying the accent soon.. but i just have a feeling that the engine of the accent will be better than the fiesta's. no offense to all fiesta owners out there.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Wait for the Accent CRDi Hatchback :diablo:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 170kphlang View Post
    i'm not being biased because i'll be buying the accent soon.. but i just have a feeling that the engine of the accent will be better than the fiesta's. no offense to all fiesta owners out there.
    IMHO, the Accent's 1.6L gasoline engine will not really be any significantly better than it's competitors like the Fiesta and Mazda2.

The only time the Accent would be better is when the diesel engine option will be available (again).

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    IMHO, the Accent's 1.6L gasoline engine will not really be any significantly better than it's competitors like the Fiesta and Mazda2.

The only time the Accent would be better is when the diesel engine option will be available (again).
    The Fiesta yes. But even the Mazda 2? It has 20 horses more!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    fiesta for me, better features more fun to drive.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Fiesta yes. But even the Mazda 2? It has 20 horses more!
    It's not just the power. It is the power-to-weight ratio that matters. The Mzada2 is lighter than the Fiesta even if it has less power.

Fiesta 1.6L
    curb weight = 1153kg
    HP = 121 HP
    P/W ratio = 9.52 kg/hp

Mazda2 1.5L
    curb weight = 1054kg
    HP = 103 HP
    P/W ratio = 10.23 kg/hp

The difference in P/W ratio is not that significant.

The 0-100kph acceleration tests shows this results:
    Fiesta 1.6L A/T (dual clutch) = 12.8 sec
    Mazda2 1.5L A/T = 12.6 sec
    Mazda2 1.5L M/T = 12.0 sec

The major advantage of the Mazda2 is its traditional A/T which results in better performance at this level of car than the Dual-Clutch found in the Fiesta. The Fiesta's extra 18HP does not translate to better performance, probably due to less-than-aggressive tranny program and lack of manual-mode for the dual-clutch tranny.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 23rd, 2010 at 07:41 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Never thought of that. I've always thought of the Mazda 2 as a rebadged Fiesta with an inferior engine and transmission. And especially since the hp rating is really quite far apart. And then there was this comparo between the 2 and the Yaris from motioncars and they concluded that the Yaris is actually much faster than the 2 despite only a 4hp difference. So, has anyone driven the new Accent yet? Both 1.4 and 1.6, how do they run?

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
All New Accent vs. Fiesta