New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iba ang birada ng lc mas mahaba sa patrol maikli

kung ako, kahit masluma ang LC, LC parin ako....for me still, patrol is the next big top jap. SUVs....hay....i want one, ung JDM LC80/100 VX-limited g-selection 4.2turbo diesel full-time auto! kaya lang bibihira ang MT, puro AT....(local are MT ha, ung JDM/imported lang may AT), ung cygnus/lx450(or 470) gas V8 lang kasi,e...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung mag 4x4 ka, go for the lc80, but kung tough suv lsng patrol na, plus if ur willing to spend 80to90k, pa 4x4 mo na. but iba talaga LC, it's a legend. nissan patrol best value for your money.

thats why used LC's are hard to come-by than a used patrol....magkaiba talaga ang ride ng dalawa, kahit ung local LC lang..much more ung JDMs na may skyhook-TEMS....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If i will be able to find a local LC80 with less than 100,000 kms mileage I would choose the LC80. But most LC80's i have seen for sale have at least 300t on their odometer. I know one with 40t kms but isnt for sale ever. The practical choice would be the Patrol given its relative newness and lower mileage. Its a safer bet for everyday use. Even the legendary LC80 breaks down and when it does you will realize that Toyota Landcruiser parts arent as cheap and readily available as toyota Revo, Corolla, Vois parts. Parang benz parts din ka mahal and sometimes special order din.

price of luxury.....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's very difficult to find a decent LC80 at a decent price. Trust me, I've tried. Php 1.1M gets you a VERY used unit. The nicer ones are still at Php 1.3M. I guess that's the beauty of it, the prices don't go down. My boss won't sell his for anything less than Php 1.6M (but it's a built up specimen with off road goodies)!

Also keep in mind that the LC80's sold locally were far from top of the line. It had bench front seats, troop carrier rear seats, retroffited rear a/c, no center console, no a/t option, drab interiors (no wood, no aluminum, no CF, no nothing just gray plastic). 4wd system is manual hub type (good for the hardcore guys). Engine is a 4.2 diesel making 150bhp.

Patrols, on the other hand, are pretty easy to find. 2001 models can go as low as Php990k. All Patrols are reasonably loaded. Your only choices are color, engine, and transmission type. 4x4 has to be retrofitted on early examples. But the job is not as hard as it seems.

Both vehicles ride on solid axles with long travel coils, have very simple 4x4 systems, seat at least 7 persons, has dual air, etc. LC parts are not cheap, especially trim parts. Consumables are reasonable, though. Repair parts are still cheaper compared to Land Rovers, AFAIK.

The only reason I'd choose the 80 is because it is THE Land Cruiser. However, at present prices, I'd rather be practical and go for a Patrol. In diesel-matic form with all the goodies.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    prestige goes to LC80

practicality goes to patrol

i'd go for the patrol. had a safari, have a GU 4x2 :D

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i'd choose the land cruiser

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    1M for a model 97 suv. tinde ah. halos isang dekada na yan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast