New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The Honda seats 7 and has more bells and whistles than the lowest variant of the midsized SUV's. The BR-V TOTL is also a CVT but has a considerably smaller engine (1.5-liter four-cylinder*i-VTEC). Curb weight is probably a lot less, though.

Everyone here pretty much is aware of the mid-sized SUV's but is the extra ₱₱₱ worth it considering the TOTL Honda BR-V is priced at 1.119M?

Sent using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Those SUVs are diesels though

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i still depends on the buyer's preferences, i.e., what does he want the car to do for him?
    to choose a car based solely on its price, can result in an unhappy car owner, in the long run.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Thanks sir. OT lang po, Sa comment mo, nahihirapan din ako magdecide kung ano bibilhin ko, navara np300 or subaru xv. Tama po yan na sinabi mo na kung base lanh sa price after manghihinayang ka siguro so better choose kung ano ang gusto mo na kayang gawin ng sasakyan.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    suggest ko sir you get the Innova it seats 8 and has a more powerful engine 2.8l

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sobrang daming factors to consider and all depends on what u want. Some scenarios na BRV is suited for u:
    -ikaw Lang usually in the car
    -you have a wife and 1-2kids Lang
    - hindi ka sanay sa long or wide SUV
    - u want to save 200k
    - you don't want too high of a vehicle to ingress and egress
    - u want the bells and whistles of the TOTL vs a bare SUV

When I had 2 small kids then, I got the crdi Tucson since size was appropriate for us and I wanted better handling and a quick car. Now I have 4 kids so I chose the new monty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JJB; November 5th, 2016 at 12:46 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pjcunom View Post
    Thanks sir. OT lang po, Sa comment mo, nahihirapan din ako magdecide kung ano bibilhin ko, navara np300 or subaru xv. Tama po yan na sinabi mo na kung base lanh sa price after manghihinayang ka siguro so better choose kung ano ang gusto mo na kayang gawin ng sasakyan.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    laki ng problema mo, pinagpipilian mo ni hindi worth pag-isipan pa. if you have that budget go for the Fort na lang

8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JJB View Post
    Sobrang daming factors to consider and all depends on what u want. Some scenarios na BRV is suited for u:
    -ikaw Lang usually in the car
    -you have a wife and 1-2kids Lang
    - hindi ka sanay sa long or wide SUV
    - u want to save 200k
    - you don't want too high of a vehicle to ingress and egress
    - u want the bells and whistles of the TOTL vs a bare SUV

When I had 2 small kids then, I got the crdi Tucson since size was appropriate for us and I wanted better handling and a quick car. Now I have 4 kids so I chose the new monty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honda is durable. di na dapat pag-isipan pa. my honda crv is fully restored at 17 years old, and iniiwan ko mga di gano maintained na 3-4 years cars sa c5.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I don't think the BR-V would compete against the Fortuner, Montero and etc. It belongs to a different market compared to those SUV's. I think the BR-V's main competitor would be the Ecosport, Juke, ASX and its distant cousin, the Mobilio and to some extent, it would also compete with the HRV.

10. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    The Honda seats 7 and has more bells and whistles than the lowest variant of the midsized SUV's. The BR-V TOTL is also a CVT but has a considerably smaller engine (1.5-liter four-cylinder*i-VTEC). Curb weight is probably a lot less, though.

Everyone here pretty much is aware of the mid-sized SUV's but is the extra ₱₱₱ worth it considering the TOTL Honda BR-V is priced at 1.119M?

Sent using Tapatalk
    Try sitting in one and see the difference in space. It's night and day, legroom, elbowroom. Just cos they say its a 7-seater, doesn't mean it's the same occupiable space as the bigger 7-seaters. Very difficult to fit 3 grown persons in the second row comfortably if it's only a bit bigger than Mobilio. Innova than BR-V in that price range. Don't get caught up by the SUV labels.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Honda BR-V vs entry-level mid-sized SUV (Everest/Fortuner/Montero/etc)