New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    and the montys softer suspension is better than the old forts..

FOCUS
    TS also mentioned that the old Fort in question is a 4x2. Weak, non-intercooled engine, trademark 1st gen tagtag, and poor off road capabilities.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    and the montys softer suspension is better than the old forts..
    Sir Stock, what if i upgrade the factory shocks to aftermarket brand with softer setting? I don't know if they're worth it though

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    TS also mentioned that the old Fort in question is a 4x2. Weak, non-intercooled engine, trademark 1st gen tagtag, and poor off road capabilities.
    Sir GTi, what year or variant would be desirable for Fort?

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    My Santa Fe got stuck in a grassy backyard in the more provincial part of Bulacan (unpaved roads everywhere). Someone was doing the laundry nearby and the soil was wet where I parked. And it was only the spot where the front tires were on that was wet. The spot occupied by the rear tires were rock-dry. Kakahiya. 600k budget for used SUV/PPV It must be noted though that I was using highway tires.
    I was wondering if the tires were All-Terrain / All-Weather, would it be enough to get out of a sticky situation?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    At 650K you can already buy a 2010 MS 4x4 with a reliable 3.2 engine.
    Hid lights, headlight washer, tpms, better suspension than the eve and fort in your list.
    And drives fast.

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    At 650K you can already buy a 2010 MS 4x4 with a reliable 3.2 engine.
    Hid lights, headlight washer, tpms, better suspension than the eve and fort in your list.
    And drives fast.
    Sir glenn, I'm not too familiar with the specs of MS, does all MS 4x4 come with 3.2 engine? I've seen GTV emblems on the front grill, which I think is the TOTL variant.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rico_yan View Post
    Sir glenn, I'm not too familiar with the specs of MS, does all MS 4x4 come with 3.2 engine? I've seen GTV emblems on the front grill, which I think is the TOTL variant.
    The 2011 to 2015 4x4 MS with the GTV emblem is fitted with a 2.5 vgt engine, higher hp and torque than the 3.2. it also has stability control and 2din headunit. But the GTV variant MS is still above 800k, way above your budget.

4x4 MS with 3.2 engines are the 2009 and 2010 models.
    No stability controls and 1din headunit.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sir Stock, what if i upgrade the factory shocks to aftermarket brand with softer setting? I don't know if they're worth it though

Sir GTi, what year or variant would be desirable for Fort?

I was wondering if the tires were All-Terrain / All-Weather, would it be enough to get out of a sticky situation?
    IMHO the 1st gen Fort would be best enjoyed in 3.0 or 2.5VNT form (I think 2012 onwards or Gen 1.3). If I had no choice but to get the 1st gen 2.5 Fort though, first thing I'd do is to bring it to Speedlab and throw in a FMIC and their Unichip and D4D drivers.

As for AT tires... It would most definitely help to have them in a sticky situation. As to whether they would be sufficient depends on how sticky the situation is. That time I got unstuck by putting big rocks and dried coconut leaves (at least I think it was coconut) against the stuck tires and having two of my companions push down the front end. We all had a good laugh out of it. 600k budget for used SUV/PPV

Bottomline for me, Santa Fe if 4x2 and whichever ladder frame SUV depending on your preferences and budget if 4x4.

7. Join Date
    May 2018
    Thank you sirs GTi and glenn, I'll note of your valuable inputs.

How about Eve? Anyone with good or bad experience? Please let me know what to look out for.

8. Join Date
    May 2018
    Hello mga boss, just want to give an update. After an exhaustive search, I finally bought a used 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe 4x2 CRDI with 70kms on the odo for exactly Php600k. I want to thank you for all your inputs!

So far, I'm very happy sa ride and fc, not to mention na pasok sa budget ko. Meron ba kayo isa-suggest na maintenance schedule and other things to look out for. Also, according to my research these 3 are reputable sources of parts: Fronte, Seiring, and Goodgear. Any opinion to the contrary or other suggestions? Thanks in advance mga boss.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello mga boss, just want to give an update. After an exhaustive search, I finally bought a used 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe 4x2 CRDI with 70kms on the odo for exactly Php600k. I want to thank you for all your inputs!

So far, I'm very happy sa ride and fc, not to mention na pasok sa budget ko. Meron ba kayo isa-suggest na maintenance schedule and other things to look out for. Also, according to my research these 3 are reputable sources of parts: Fronte, Seiring, and Goodgear. Any opinion to the contrary or other suggestions? Thanks in advance mga boss.
    Congrats on the buy! I'd say 600k is a pretty good price for the car. Imagine that the latest model is apparently selling for over 2.3M for the 4x2 variant, and still has the same engine.

There's not much to look out for with regards to maintenance. Just follow what the manual says. Pretty much all of the parts that needed replacing were due to wear and tear. At similar mileage as yours, I've had to replace 2 engine supports and a little later on, a leaking power steering hose. Try fully loading the car, and see if the rear end hunkers down, and bottoms out easily over humps. If it does, then you may have to replace the bump stops. I also took the opportunity to replace all of my shocks. Also, due to being front wheel drive, and having prodigious amounts of torque, the front tires tend to wear out very quickly especially if you have a lead foot.

What FC are you getting, and in what route?

10. Join Date
    May 2018
    Sir GTi, between 7-9 km/l if city driving (Manila, Caloocan, Makati), then 13-14 km/l if highway (NLEX). Napansin ko nga ang torque nya, and noticeable ang front tire wear when I got the vehicle from the previous owner. I'm planning to replace the tires soon and I want to keep the factory specs, any suggestion for a reasonably priced tire brand?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast