New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    any input guys, im choosing between the two, as of now parang mas gusto ko yung forester 2.0, pero im thinking to wait the 4th gen crv that will be launch soon, 1st quarter 2012 daw according to honda kal and honda fairview

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    my vote would be the forester, not because i have one but because the CRV is such a boring car. also if the new CRV looks exactly what i have seen in the pictures so far, i'd choose the current one since from the pictures the new one is just plain ugly, no offense to CRV owners.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    thanks foresterx for your input,

guys anymore input please, yung scientific sana ang comparison

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Forester 2.0X-S.

CR-V is fuel efficient and that's it. I have a CR-V 4WD naman.

The Forester is just a better CUV than CR-V

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The CR-V is superior in refinement, space, fuel economy and speed thanks to the R20 engine and the five-speed AT.

The Forester has a better ride and the benefits of all-wheel drive (for moderate off-roading). It also looks better. But the CR-V is more practical at this price point.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Forester has a good handling, I just don't like its gearbox limited to only 4-speed.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The CR-V is superior in refinement, space, fuel economy and speed thanks to the R20 engine and the five-speed AT.

The Forester has a better ride and the benefits of all-wheel drive (for moderate off-roading). It also looks better. But the CR-V is more practical at this price point.
    I agree with this, the CRV is the better choice but the forester is just more fun to drive. Regarding speed naman,yes the CRV is also faster but you can barely feel the difference, any car naman In the same power range you'll barely feel the difference. If you run both cars side by side don mo lang makita kung ano talaga mas mabilis. Anyway cars like the CRV and forester 2.0 aren't made for speed naman. So it depends what you want or need. If you want a fun car to drive get the forester, if you want a practical car then get the CRV.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    thanks again sa mga replies, maybe it's worth to wait the upcoming 2012 crv for further comparison

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    I agree with this, the CRV is the better choice but the forester is just more fun to drive. Regarding speed naman,yes the CRV is also faster but you can barely feel the difference, any car naman In the same power range you'll barely feel the difference. If you run both cars side by side don mo lang makita kung ano talaga mas mabilis. Anyway cars like the CRV and forester 2.0 aren't made for speed naman. So it depends what you want or need. If you want a fun car to drive get the forester, if you want a practical car then get the CRV.
    thanks again sa mga replies, maybe it's worth to wait the upcoming 2012 CRV for further comparison

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    For me... the fun in driving a Forester is muted when you're driving the base model. It really needs the extra power of the turbo or at least a manual transmission mated to the base engine to really feel alive. Still... it's got more pogi points and is more comfortable than the base CR-V.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
3rd gen crv 2.0 modulo vs forester 2.0