New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    New Avanza's air circulator makes it feel like a bigger green house. It does seem to offer better shoulder room in the front vs the Ertiga. The Xpander obviously offers the best shoulder room as well as the widest center arm rest.

They like the Xpander's interior and driving dynamics.

Toyota and Honda will have the most safety features once they officially launch.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    New Avanza's air circulator makes it feel like a bigger green house. It does seem to offer better shoulder room in the front vs the Ertiga. The Xpander obviously offers the best shoulder room as well as the widest center arm rest.

They like the Xpander's interior and driving dynamics.

Toyota and Honda will have the most safety features once they officially launch.

this will be a nice battle when all new models arrive. Avanza being a "Toyota" will most likely sell the most. Xpander may still offer the best interior space and convenience features but the safety features of the Avanza and BRV will offset this. Ertiga will still probably be the "best bang for the buck" because of it's lowest price. speaking of price, magkano kaya mga to when they arrive here? sana di naman lumagpas ng 1.2m

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    1. Avanza being a "Toyota" will most likely sell the most.
    2. the safety features of the Avanza and BRV will offset this.
    3. Ertiga will still probably be the "best bang for the buck" because of it's lowest price.
    1. I almost agreed here.
    2. The TOTL variants will receive their ADAS. I don't think potential buyers really buy TOTL variants
    3. It will probably get Stability control and Suzuki PH will increase its price by 50,000

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    iba talaga pag torque converter sa extreme inclines... the cvt with 1.5L engines were screaming with 6 passengers.

Bingung Beli Xpander atau Veloz? Tonton Video Ini Sebelum Menyesal! | CintamobilTV - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    iba talaga pag torque converter sa extreme inclines... the cvt with 1.5L engines were screaming with 6 passengers.

Bingung Beli Xpander atau Veloz? Tonton Video Ini Sebelum Menyesal! | CintamobilTV - YouTube
    Nice review. First time ko makakita ng suspension test gamit yung basong may tubig.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002

ayos a. sana may english version hehe di rin ako sold sa CVT. sana 6AT na lang but I guess it would be more expensive.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Isn't torque converter cheaper vs CVT? It's much older tech, but undergoing a resurgence because of modern control systems solving many of its old weaknesses (i.e. slow shifting, gear hunting etc).

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There are stil a lot of IDSI Jazz/City with CVT on the road. They are almost 20 years old. With the newer cars with CVT, I guess they will hold up that long if properly taken cared of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    There are stil a lot of IDSI Jazz/City with CVT on the road. They are almost 20 years old. With the newer cars with CVT, I guess they will hold up that long if properly taken cared of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even the lancer cedias with cvts when they introduced around the same years with the IDSI city/jazz that came out around 2002-04.

These CVT equipped lancers are still plying down the roads to this day.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by thearsenal1205 View Post
    Even the lancer cedias with cvts when they introduced around the same years with the IDSI city/jazz that came out around 2002-04.

These CVT equipped lancers are still plying down the roads to this day.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    i used to have a 2003 cedia MX with CVT.
    the trans was headache-free, naman.
    but i thought, as did others back then, that it sapped the engine output to the wheels.
    my fuel in-efficiency was 5.5 - 6 km/li in the city, back when city traffic was better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast