New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Pero hindi naman daw speed or performance ang priority niya eh, more on...

Space and comfort are priorities, and as usual reliability because I plan on using it for a long time (fingers crossed).

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Pero hindi naman daw speed or performance ang priority niya eh, more on...

At its core requirements, you can buy a vehicle that’s much much less than a Prado.

The Innova will surely address those requirements. Hehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    At its core requirements, you can buy a vehicle that’s much much less than a Prado.

Depende na kay op un. Since kasama sa choices niya he'll be judge. Pero hopefully much powerful na ang new model.

If reliability and after sales service aren't issues, as well as resale value, then big winner na ang new explorer no doubt. Tapos mejo cheap din ang srp.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    How about the Hyundai Palisade?
    3.2M for a luxury suv/crossover

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Depende na kay op un. Since kasama sa choices niya he'll be judge. Pero hopefully much powerful na ang new model.

If reliability and after sales service aren't issues, as well as resale value, then big winner na ang new explorer no doubt. Tapos mejo cheap din ang srp.
    Gas SUVs are the worst in resale value among vehicles. Lalo na yung big displacements. Good though for bargain hunters in the used market.

However, most buyers of Explorers or Expeditions or Suburbans tend to keep theirs for a long time. Sa subdivision namin, yung previous owners ng older models tend to just replace them with newer models. Most naman seem to have no issues with the appetite of such big vehicles for gasoline.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    How about the Hyundai Palisade?
    3.2M for a luxury suv/crossover

A/c might be a problem in the long run since it's from a korean brand.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2021
    A/c might be a problem in the long run since it's from a korean brand.
    I have a 2010 tucson and a 2012 GS. Both have cold aircon til this day naman.
    The tucson had a common magnetic clutch issue early on and replaced under warranty. The starex had just very minor AC issues only after 5 years which were readily fixed by the legendary mang danny.
    I agree a few models have AC issues but easily resolved naman. Hopefully naimprove na rin ng hyundai sa newer models.
    Overall reliable ang Hyundai imho

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

I’m leaning towards an Explorer or a Prado. I know gas fed SUVs have poor resale value, but between the two I know the Prado’s is significantly higher.

I like the prado because of reviews that refer to it as built to last and ultra reliable. I’ve had an exped and an f150 before and they were really difficult to sell. The reason I’m exploring the expy now is because of the comments I see on performance and comfort.

So, still on the fence but looking for comments that either dispute the reliability/durability of the prado or elevate the quality of other comparable models.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Papajamba View Post
    I have a 2010 tucson and a 2012 GS. Both have cold aircon til this day naman.
    The tucson had a common magnetic clutch issue early on and replaced under warranty. The starex had just very minor AC issues only after 5 years which were readily fixed by the legendary mang danny.
    I agree a few models have AC issues but easily resolved naman. Hopefully naimprove na rin ng hyundai sa newer models.
    Overall reliable ang Hyundai imho

Yea but the thing is, anjan parin pala regardless if they're very minor or not. We have h100 shuttles used for deliveries and after slightly more than a year nagkaroon na ng issue sa a/c, nawalan ng lamig. Ilang beses din nadala sa pagawaan. Same with kia kc2700 namin nung 00s. Although posibleng nasa usage din. Those were bn units too when they were bought. Now i'd kinda understand kung third-party mga yun but for something na factory air, mejo nakakadismaya. Samantala we also used to have an l300 fb van for the same purpose from way back din na hanggang sa nabenta after a long time, ni hindi nagkaroon ng anumang issue sa a/c. Kaya mejo naging skeptical ako.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hoover View Post
    I’m leaning towards an Explorer or a Prado. I know gas fed SUVs have poor resale value, but between the two I know the Prado’s is significantly higher.

I like the prado because of reviews that refer to it as built to last and ultra reliable. I’ve had an exped and an f150 before and they were really difficult to sell. The reason I’m exploring the expy now is because of the comments I see on performance and comfort.

So, still on the fence but looking for comments that either dispute the reliability/durability of the prado or elevate the quality of other comparable models.
    Mas robust and rugged looking prado but also older as well. It's also more similar to the pajero bk when it comes to looks but that one has monocoque chassis like the 2011-20 explorer, which rides lower and looks more family-friendly than the prado. Pero yung prado may kdss na which is airsus kaya siguro not harsh ang ride despite the traditional ladder-frame na chassis.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast