New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'd say the Ranger Raptor is "going soft" the way it was spec'd. It's really more of a lifestyle vehicle than anything else. While the 2.0 biturbo is no pussy, it would probably be better appreciated in a smaller vehicle, or even a van. Call me old fashioned, but I believe a bigger, unstressed engine would be a better match for this car.

While power may not be the selling point of this car, considering its level of equipment and expected price range, people will definitely expect more. Heck, if I'd hear the words "Ranger Raptor", I'd fully expect everything they did with the suspension, plus the new 3.0V6 turbo diesel developed for the F150.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd say the Ranger Raptor is "going soft" the way it was spec'd.
    and the nex time you knew,,, when someone says "comfort"

1. ford ranger raptor
    2. nissan navara

WOW!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A 7-seater PPV based off a Ranger Raptor??? Unless you plan on punishing your rear passengers for each ride, it will just be too uncomfortable. The Ranger Raptor uses a different suspension setup and geared more for performance. Those coilovers will give it a nasty stiff ride.

Um, isn't the Ford Ranger Raptor more comfortable than the regular Ford Ranger ... Leaf spring vs Coil? ... the suspension can also be set to comfort mode? ...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Um, isn't the Ford Ranger Raptor more comfortable than the regular Ford Ranger ... Leaf spring vs Coil? ... the suspension can also be set to comfort mode? ...
    Performance-tuned suspensions are never meant to be comfortable. They are usually stiffer.

Case in point - the regular Impreza is more comfortable in terms of ride stiffness compared to the WRX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Coil springs are more comfortable than leaf springs ... the Ford Ranger Raptor is marketed as a lifestyle vehicle and not as a regular pickup hence the suspension is tuned better for comfort rather than for carrying loads ...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Coil springs are more comfortable than leaf springs ... the Ford Ranger Raptor is marketed as a lifestyle vehicle and not as a regular pickup hence the suspension is tuned better for comfort rather than for carrying loads ...
    ahhh,,, so the atmosphere has changed. Now that Ford has a rear coil spring version of their pickup, a new category is born... "Lifestyle pickup" or , lifestyle vehicle. i wouldn't be surprised if Toyota or Mitsu
    will also launch their own "upgraded" rear suspension and call it "the Lifestyle". "air suspension" anyone?

so, indeed, nice marketing term...lifestyle pickup.. and see? Ford is no. 1 spot now...

1. Ford Ranger Raptor
    2. Nissan Navara
    3. Mercedes X
    4. Toyota Lifestyle???
    5. MItsu LIfestyle???
    6. Isuzu Lifestyle???
    7. Colorado Lifesytle???

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I think there is a coil spring which is stiffened for a performance setup, like the one found in the ranger raptor. While not as stiff as a leaf spring, I think it is more stiffer than other suvs or pickups with coil springs because the stiffness it has can influence its performance in cornering and may be able to minimize rollovers, etc. because it isn't a soft roader at all. And the stiffer suspension was also probably made for more longevity. Well, that's what I think about it.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Now back to the topic.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Have you checked out both units at the showroom? I suggest you get a feel of the vehicle along with your family. Have a test drive if available.

Ever considered the D-Max? Durability, reliability and resale value should not be any less than the Hilux's. Known to have excellent fuel efficiency too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Try driving both. The feel should be the primary factor. Other factors, magkakalapit lang naman siguro yan.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast