New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    The celerio is not an unsafe car. 4 stars sa ancap vs 5 ng xv. So the xv is safer but the celerio is not unsafe-far from it! Considering the usage, city driving mostly in slow moving traffic, i cannot think of a single scenario where your wife and child would be in life threatening danger in a 4-star car with a defensive driver at the helm...unless reckless driver misis mo o may kalabang reckless, kahit anong safe ng vehicle nakamamatay pa din. The celerio scores perfect sa ancap for side impact. Sa frontal offset, xv is 7.6% better.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    I will have UCC coffee than Starbucks'

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilder View Post
    Thanks bro! Maintenance is quite on the high side, especially the timing belt replacement, but I was told that after that it’s relatively manageable.

After warranty, you can have maintenance done by Fusion R ... There's also 2211 Shop ...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i cannot think of a single scenario where your wife and child would be in life threatening danger in a 4-star car with a defensive driver at the helm...
    So many scenarios ... Wayward bus, fully loaded truck losing brake, falling posts / trees ...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    So many scenarios ... Wayward bus, fully loaded truck losing brake, falling posts / trees ...
    agree bro. the nature of accident that you could be the safest of drivers and it could still too easily happen to you. so that being said every added layer of protection is welcome too.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Like this.

https://images.gmanews.tv/webpics/20...5_17_56_12.jpg

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Like this.

https://images.gmanews.tv/webpics/20...5_17_56_12.jpg

I wonder kasama ba sa star rating yung ganitong freak accidents? Also, i wonder how your odds for survival would improve if you were in an xv vs a celerio if suddenly a loaded cement truck happens to tip over and land on top of you. 1%? 2%? Instead of a quick death, gulay na lang?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    If that type of logic makes any sense at all ... Most people would be driving Toyota Wigos or Suzuki Celerios ... Sometimes 1-2% margin of error makes a world of difference ... But there's much more than 1-2% difference between the safety of a Subaru XV and a Suzuki Celerio ...
    Last edited by Walter; January 12th, 2019 at 07:16 AM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I wonder kasama ba sa star rating yung ganitong freak accidents? Also, i wonder how your odds for survival would improve if you were in an xv vs a celerio if suddenly a loaded cement truck happens to tip over and land on top of you. 1%? 2%? Instead of a quick death, gulay na lang?

I dont think kasama.
    So every mm of added sheet metal on the car helps to at least minimize the risk of this freak accident.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234