New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by braindead View Post
    I am not sure regarding whether it's the same aircon unit as nissan. But I can assure you it's really cold when it needs to. It has dual climate control (at least for the GLS Premium) and I've noticed its 24° is colder than our Fortuner. I would even turn it off at night because it feels really cold.

As to power, I don't know about Innova's but Montero has around 180HP. That's just on paper. But sa performance, I don't think Innova can outrun the Montero. Driver is a factor also. No Innova, or any other car, was able to outrun me yet except for a land cruiser and an explorer at speeds way faster than what is legal hehe (this is in the province po).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the feedback. Hoping to get a test drive soon.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    I am not sure regarding whether it's the same aircon unit as nissan. But I can assure you it's really cold when it needs to. It has dual climate control (at least for the GLS Premium) and I've noticed its 24° is colder than our Fortuner. I would even turn it off at night because it feels really cold.

As to power, I don't know about Innova's but Montero has around 180HP. That's just on paper. But sa performance, I don't think Innova can outrun the Montero. Driver is a factor also. No Innova, or any other car, was able to outrun me yet except for a land cruiser and an explorer at speeds way faster than what is legal hehe (this is in the province po).

maybe other cars don't want to drive dangerously [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS12 View Post
    maybe other cars don't want to drive dangerously [emoji6]

"pagbigyan mo na... he probably had an unhappy childhood.."
    one sometimes confuses choice for circumstance.
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; September 1st, 2017 at 09:39 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011

2017 Montero, Innova, Forty, Everest etc. can reach 200kph easily. Meaning mabibilis lahat yan. I youtube mo nalang wag mo nalang subukan for your safety. At high speeds, SUVs have been known to roll over, so drivers will need to remember not to get too careless when driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_sti View Post
    2017 Montero, Innova, Forty, Everest etc. can reach 200kph easily. Meaning mabibilis lahat yan. I youtube mo nalang wag mo nalang subukan for your safety. At high speeds, SUVs have been known to roll over, so drivers will need to remember not to get too careless when driving.

Hindi naman po ako bagohang driver. [emoji28]

6. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Hindi naman po ako bagohang driver. [emoji28]

he only telling you to drive safely po and hindi naman question kung newbie ka driver actually madami nga experienced driver naaksidente either critical sila o nabangga nila. [emoji72]

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd go for the Montero, i think its a no brainer when it comes to comparing an MPV vs an SUV, but of course it will boil down to your priorities and most importantly the purpose of your new vehicle.
    But for me the reason is simply because its an SUV, in the long run the resell is better, also the wading depth is better, madalas baha sa atin and i want a vehicle that is capable, more porma pa.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    on paper the montero has little advantage when it comes to power compared to the innova 2.8 a/t (178hp vs 169 hp), but things are completely different when you put these cars on the dyno, the 2.8 innova with a/t produced an average of 135-140 WHP when it was tested on the dyno on the other hand the montero gen 3 had at least 155 WHP to 170+ WHP.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    I'd go for the Montero, i think its a no brainer when it comes to comparing an MPV vs an SUV, but of course it will boil down to your priorities and most importantly the purpose of your new vehicle.
    But for me the reason is simply because its an SUV, in the long run the resell is better, also the wading depth is better, madalas baha sa atin and i want a vehicle that is capable, more porma pa.

Not all SUV resell value is better. Previous gen ng Montero & Innova with the same year halos magkapresyo lang sila & the wading depth of Innova is not that bad. (Innova)500mm vs (Montero)700mm. MUX has 600mm.

But again The Montero Sport and Innova technically do not occupy the same vehicle segment, so it's not an apples-to-apples comparison & di rin natin pwede sabihin SUV is a lot better than MPV dahil mas mahal. Alphard is in MPV vehicle segment (price 3.3M).

10. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    I'm planning to buy Innova, should I get 2017 model or wait for 2018?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast