New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WersUrShock View Post
    Planning to replace my 2013 Almera. My choices are 2017 Honda City E CVT (39K mileage) or 2017 Suzuki Ciaz GL AT (35K mileage). Car is pangsundo and hatid lang sa school, grocery and mall. Which is more reliable sa dalawa and maraming parts? Thank you.
    errr,
    whypo?
    kung schoolbus, grocery cart, and malling duty lang naman,
    why replace a 2013 almera with a 2017 car?
    is your almera giving you headaches? why replace a reliable car that's not giving you issues?

googling,
    your current almera's ground clearance is 140 mm,
    the 2017 city's is 165, and the 2017 ciaz's is 170.

the ciaz was not a popular car, so expect some parts sourcing disadvantages.
    but if it drives and rides well-er naman...

if you want rock-solid reliability, with ease of parts and maintenance, get a toyota.
    vios, corolla, innova!
    good luck, po.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 23rd, 2023 at 10:13 AM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    If it comes to utility, please correct me if I am wrong but...

The Almera the TS owns currently, compared to the two choices mentioned, has the better legroom/headroom and boot storage space (especially for large luggage).

I do not remember if the City or Ciaz 2017 Model Years had some flexibility via ULT seats that fold down to connect to the boot to increase carry capacity, especially for longer loads. The Ciaz and City also didn't have rear vents (yet) in this model year if I am not mistaken, but that is the reverse now with current generation of same class of vehicles for their brands locally. Current Almera has lost the rear vents if I'm not mistaken and has lost (some) headroom and rear boot space because of the exterior form/silhoutte they were going after.

The City would have the lower ground clearance, hadn't physically checked out the Ciaz back then so don't really have actual frame of reference.

i almost got a City in 2017, that is until i took a peek underneath that bumper is already low and overhangs by a kilometer, then there's also that big bulge at the bottom

as for ULT seats i think the city lost them in 2008. then the city stopped using the jazz platform so it lost the ability to ULT altogether. personally i wouldn't buy a sedan that couldn't at least fold down the rear backrests down to accommodate long items

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by WersUrShock View Post
    Planning to replace my 2013 Almera. My choices are 2017 Honda City E CVT (39K mileage) or 2017 Suzuki Ciaz GL AT (35K mileage). Car is pangsundo and hatid lang sa school, grocery and mall. Which is more reliable sa dalawa and maraming parts? Thank you.
    why are you planning to replace the Almera?
    and 1st owner ka ba?

only 4 years gap between the 2

my sister in law used to have the Almera and... it was not as good as the City, pero "pwede na"

City vs Ciaz. I think the City will be easier to maintain later

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

my sister in law used to have the Almera and... it was not as good as the City, pero "pwede na"
    kindly elaborate.
    why did the almera lag behind the city, as per your experience?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    kindly elaborate.
    why did the almera lag behind the city, as per your experience?
    Almera's suspension was softer compared to the City. you'll feel it on sharp turns.
    City dashboard looked way better

overall, the Almera felt smaller. I would choose it over the Mirage

pero tough sell over the Vios and City.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    why are you planning to replace the Almera?
    and 1st owner ka ba?

only 4 years gap between the 2

City vs Ciaz. I think the City will be easier to maintain later
    a 4 year gap can actually be a huge difference more so when it comes to condition especially if it is an only car. personally i prefer the city just because known quantity sa akin ang honda. wala ako alam sa ciaz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12