New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    The Ertiga drives and feels like a sedan. Mas konti ang tagtag compared sa Avanza. Pero si Avanza naman mataas ang ground clearance compared kay Ertiga, which helps if madaming potholes sa lugar nyo or medyo bahain.

As for the ffg:
    "reliability, comfort, maintenance, availability of parts, and fuel."

Avanza - "maintenance, availability of parts, fuel efficiency (if 1.5)". Comfort is so-so, my parents owns one, and medyo matagtag talaga ang avanza, whenever I drive their car, extra alalay ako sa brakes para mas controlled and subtle yung mga bumps and potholes.

Ertiga - "comfort(passenger wise, less ang tagtag), fuel efficiency is a tad better than the avanza 1.3". Not sure with maintenance and availability of parts

Both cars are reliable. Reliability comprises of multiple variables.
    e.g. The vehicle would be reliable, long as you follow your regular maintenance schedule, and fix or attend to any issues even the slightest one.

If between the two lang talaga ang choices. I'd go with the Avanza. Hindi man sya purely toyota, it's still a toyota. And the fact na napaka-raming Avanza sa pilipinas, mas madali makahanap ng replacement parts.

Pero kung papayag sya sa other options. I'd have to agree sa recommendation above ni sir *_Qwerty_ na Mobilio. The recent facelifted mobilio looks heaps better than the two options, inside and out.

If worried ka na mahal maintenance ng Honda. Then I have to disagree with you. More often than not, sa Honda twice a year ka lang magpapa PMS. Every 6months or 10k whichever comes first. Unless maka 80k mileage ka per year, then ibang usapan na yun hehe.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by arvs18 View Post
    The Ertiga drives and feels like a sedan. Mas konti ang tagtag compared sa Avanza. Pero si Avanza naman mataas ang ground clearance compared kay Ertiga, which helps if madaming potholes sa lugar nyo or medyo bahain.

As for the ffg:
    "reliability, comfort, maintenance, availability of parts, and fuel."

Avanza - "maintenance, availability of parts, fuel efficiency (if 1.5)". Comfort is so-so, my parents owns one, and medyo matagtag talaga ang avanza, whenever I drive their car, extra alalay ako sa brakes para mas controlled and subtle yung mga bumps and potholes.

Ertiga - "comfort(passenger wise, less ang tagtag), fuel efficiency is a tad better than the avanza 1.3". Not sure with maintenance and availability of parts

Both cars are reliable. Reliability comprises of multiple variables.
    e.g. The vehicle would be reliable, long as you follow your regular maintenance schedule, and fix or attend to any issues even the slightest one.

If between the two lang talaga ang choices. I'd go with the Avanza. Hindi man sya purely toyota, it's still a toyota. And the fact na napaka-raming Avanza sa pilipinas, mas madali makahanap ng replacement parts.

Pero kung papayag sya sa other options. I'd have to agree sa recommendation above ni sir *_Qwerty_ na Mobilio. The recent facelifted mobilio looks heaps better than the two options, inside and out.

If worried ka na mahal maintenance ng Honda. Then I have to disagree with you. More often than not, sa Honda twice a year ka lang magpapa PMS. Every 6months or 10k whichever comes first. Unless maka 80k mileage ka per year, then ibang usapan na yun hehe.
    Marami din pong ertiga sa daan, kung yun ang basis natin na maraming spare parts tingin ko pantay lang ang Avanza at Ertiga dun sa department na yun. Actually gulong gulo din ako sa 2 kotse na to, pero siguro personal opinion ko sa ertiga ako kasi mas mura siya compared to avanza since almost same sila in all departments.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redark View Post
    Marami din pong ertiga sa daan, kung yun ang basis natin na maraming spare parts tingin ko pantay lang ang Avanza at Ertiga dun sa department na yun. Actually gulong gulo din ako sa 2 kotse na to, pero siguro personal opinion ko sa ertiga ako kasi mas mura siya compared to avanza since almost same sila in all departments.
    'tis common knowledgge. when it comes to parts availability, toyota is the leader.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Got a chance to ride the avanza via uber, matagtag siya..two passenger and driver

the ertiga on the other hand, an friend owns one, rides and feels more of a sedan. Comfy ride.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mar04 View Post
    Hi guys my cousin is currently choosing between Avanza and Ertiga. She's asking which one is better in terms of reliability, comfort, maintenance, availability of parts, and fuel.

Papabasa ko sa kanya to. Thanks!
    Go for Ertiga.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    I did go for the Ertiga.

These are the reasons I chose the Ertiga (since I did own an Avanza as well) and based on test drives I did prior to my purchase:

- Premium in style both in and out.

- Better riding comfort.

- Quiet cabin and ambient noise (even at speeds above 110 KPH).

- Suzuki "reliability" since my mom owned a 1st gen Suzuki APV and now the latest gen of APV. Repairs made were not significant.

- No issues on the availability of parts based on my research from different Ertiga owners (mostly the 1st gen owners)

- Lastly, the price of my Ertiga 1.4 GL AT was at 818K compared with the Avanza 1.3 AT at 891K (based from the March 2018 price lists). I got more features at a reasonable price tag.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lin Dan View Post
    I did go for the Ertiga.

These are the reasons I chose the Ertiga (since I did own an Avanza as well) and based on test drives I did prior to my purchase:

- Premium in style both in and out.

- Better riding comfort.

- Quiet cabin and ambient noise (even at speeds above 110 KPH).

- Suzuki "reliability" since my mom owned a 1st gen Suzuki APV and now the latest gen of APV. Repairs made were not significant.

- No issues on the availability of parts based on my research from different Ertiga owners (mostly the 1st gen owners)

- Lastly, the price of my Ertiga 1.4 GL AT was at 818K compared with the Avanza 1.3 AT at 891K (based from the March 2018 price lists). I got more features at a reasonable price tag.

congrats on your new ride and welcome to the cLUV!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by buraot View Post
    congrats on your new ride and welcome to the cLUV!
    Thanks good buddy

9. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mar04 View Post
    Hi guys my cousin is currently choosing between Avanza and Ertiga. She's asking which one is better in terms of reliability, comfort, maintenance, availability of parts, and fuel.

Papabasa ko sa kanya to. Thanks!
    Reliability; Ertiga for me. It has much better interior, and rides like a swift.

Comfort; Well, since mas mahaba ang nguso ng avanza, Ertiga has much much better legroom, luggage space ( They are pretty much the same) headroom, avanza is slightly better on 3rd row.

Maintenance: Avanza. The parts of avanza can find almost everywhere.

Fuel consumption? Ertiga is easily wins

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    I would prefer the Ertiga over the avanza any day

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast