New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Hi guys my cousin is currently choosing between Avanza and Ertiga. She's asking which one is better in terms of reliability, comfort, maintenance, availability of parts, and fuel.

Papabasa ko sa kanya to. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Honda BRV na lang sir. But between the two, ertiga ako

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Ertiga definitely

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014

go for facelifted Mobilio

avanza has the ground clearance of BRV or ecosport but is narrower and shorter than both mobilio and ertiga. rear wheel drive has its advantages but is less fuel-efficient than FWD. the avanzas that are priced competitively w/ mobilio have just 1.3 engines while the mobilio has 1.5

ertiga and mobilio have similar size and ground clearance but while mobilio is priced a bit higher, it has more powerful engine.

as for exterior styling i'd have to give it to ertiga. avanza is downright ugly. mobilio's front has improved a lot since the facelift

reliability. you can't go wrong w/ honda. cant say the same w/ the daihatsu avanza or the maruti ertiga but i'm sure they have pretty good reliability too, just not up to honda standards

take note what i said only makes sense for the M/T versions coz that's what i'm researching on right now

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mar04 View Post
    Hi guys my cousin is currently choosing between Avanza and Ertiga. She's asking which one is better in terms of reliability, comfort, maintenance, availability of parts, and fuel.

Papabasa ko sa kanya to. Thanks!
    Between the 2... For a primary car/daily driver... My vote goes to the Avanza...

Easily available parts, good resale value, easy to maintain. Especially if you're using it outside Manila.

If you plan to load it up with 7 passengers... Stay away from the 1.3AT

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Between the 2... For a primary car/daily driver... My vote goes to the Avanza...

Easily available parts, good resale value, easy to maintain. Especially if you're using it outside Manila.

If you plan to load it up with 7 passengers... Stay away from the 1.3AT

Avanza resale value, last I looked, was not as good as AUVs like the Innova and Crosswind.

Same goes with the Wigo.

You can still sell them, because they're Toyota, but they don't have the same halo of invincibility as Toyota's main brand products.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If you're looking at the 1.5G AT Avanza (943T), better get the the Mobilio (909T) or the BRV(998T)..

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Between 2017 Avanza and 2017 Ertiga, I'd choose the Avanza. If you plan to keep it for next nth years. Spare parts should never be a problem. Get the 1.5 Avanza.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Avanza is my choice. Get the 1.5 G. Why? Easy to maintain and of course Toyota parts availability especially if you intend to keep the car for long years... I'm not saying that Ertiga is not good. Test drive both and decide which car your cousin really like most. In the end, it's your cousin's final choice that will matter.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    If you're looking at the 1.5G AT Avanza (943T), better get the the Mobilio (909T) or the BRV(998T)..
    Agree with this one, better engine, design and interior for the Honda's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast