New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Please forgive me if I posted in the wrong subforum.

So a family friend is offering us a 2016 Vios 1.3E M/T for 320k, thereabouts. Is this a very good deal? Or should I look somewhere else?

Our choice up until now was to look for '07-'09 Honda Civic for 300k and we were offered this, so I thought that a 2016 Vios 1.3E M/T at 320k is a good deal.

Just wanted to ask here for some sanity check. Or are there better deals to be had elsewhere? Not really worried about it being 3-5 years from release date.
    Just want to have a good family car for a family of 4 for occasional commutes to and from Manila.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Yes if mileage is below 40k.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jokwa114 View Post
    Please forgive me if I posted in the wrong subforum.

So a family friend is offering us a 2016 Vios 1.3E M/T for 320k, thereabouts. Is this a very good deal? Or should I look somewhere else?

Our choice up until now was to look for '07-'09 Honda Civic for 300k and we were offered this, so I thought that a 2016 Vios 1.3E M/T at 320k is a good deal.

Just wanted to ask here for some sanity check. Or are there better deals to be had elsewhere? Not really worried about it being 3-5 years from release date.
    Just want to have a good family car for a family of 4 for occasional commutes to and from Manila.
    Looking at the online ads, 320k is a steal. Assuming of course that the car is in good condition and with reasonable mileage. Since family friend is the seller, lesser reservations on car condition. Small engine is also the more prudent choice given high gas prices.

If you don't mind driving a manual daily, by all means go ahead.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Yes if mileage is below 40k.

The mileage is around 60k, is that still okay?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    That is approx 20k a year.
    Pinang grab? Kaya pala medyo mababa.

Well if there are no major issues, you can prolly haggle a little bit more and get it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Medyo may kataasan. How good of a friend is this? Kung maaasahan mo naman na inalagaan ng mabuti and that those are mostly highway kilometers, then go ahead. See if papayag pa siya ng 300k. Hehe

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    That is approx 20k a year.
    Pinang grab? Kaya pala medyo mababa.

Well if there are no major issues, you can prolly haggle a little bit more and get it.

I think the car was primarily used to commute to/from Cavite and Laguna. Maybe that's the reason why it racked up 60k mileage?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I think the car was primarily used to commute to/from Cavite and Laguna. Maybe that's the reason why it racked up 60k mileage?
    Well that explains it.
    Inspect inspect.
    Check the records as well.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    320k is a good deal. you may have to do some work on it though. lower arm bushings are weak spots for most vehicles. shocks brake caliper greasing. fuel filter..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Kung pinang-grab, iwas na ako. Not all grab drivers/owners maintain their cars very well.

If may records and they check out, or if you're willing to pay for its next PMS (kung serious ka talaga with the car) at least you'll know the car's current status.

Kung naghahanap ka pa rin ng civic fd, PM me. Haha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Buying Advice: Used 2016 Vios 1.3E M/T