Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Topgear full results

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indus...ef=home_feed_1

Who wants a chevy fail???? Lol
    Montero sport didnt do well imo
    Isuzu mux is good.
    Ertiga and ciaz have the same engines imo.
    The 2.8 innova shamed the 2.4 fort...
    Last edited by StockEngine; June 15th, 2016 at 05:09 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dapat actual city driving test, kasi iba nadadaan sa coasting...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hanep yung dmax ah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Topgear full results

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/indus...ef=home_feed_1

Who wants a chevy fail???? Lol
    Montero sport didnt do well imo
    Isuzu mux is good.
    Ertiga and ciaz have the same engines imo.
    The 2.8 innova shamed the 2.4 fort...
    is this really possible? grabe katipid halos lahat especially Dmax sa test na ito. pero manila to La union madaling araw na byahe ko ilang beses narin nlex - sctex - tplex parang hindi kaya yong ganyang DOE results vs sa claim ng Car manufacturer vs sa results ng car owners?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensong Quezon View Post
    is this really possible? grabe katipid halos lahat especially Dmax sa test na ito. pero manila to La union madaling araw na byahe ko ilang beses narin nlex - sctex - tplex parang hindi kaya yong ganyang DOE results vs sa claim ng Car manufacturer vs sa results ng car owners?
    if we have the road all to ourselves, it think we can all do it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vensong Quezon View Post
    It's possible but requires conditions like no traffic and low top speed.

They probably could have achieved those numbers even with 150km. They just made more pollution ����
    Last edited by StockEngine; June 15th, 2016 at 12:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I suppose we can say that this is the best case scenario gas mileage one can get from a certain car.

From here we can see that the manuals still consistently top their automatic or CVT counterparts in gas mileage despite many of them actually having less gears.
    And then again, the diesels don't seem to have an advantage in achieving more km/L over the gasoline... I wonder why?

I'd love to see a city test run. Worst case scenario testing naman.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    It's possible but requires conditions like no traffic and low top speed.

They probably could have achieved those numbers even with 150km. They just made more pollution ����
    150km for a car that does 25 km/L will consume only 6L of gas. Volume that small is prone to fill-up variability. Sumobra lang ng 0.3L yung karga, magiging 23.8 km/L nalang computed FC niyan.

Which is why I always advise to use up at least 10L of gas for a trip, let the car settle a bit before filling it up, and always fill up at the same stations (or at least in stations with similar dispensers).

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I suppose we can say that this is the best case scenario gas mileage one can get from a certain car.

From here we can see that the manuals still consistently top their automatic or CVT counterparts in gas mileage despite many of them actually having less gears.
    And then again, the diesels don't seem to have an advantage in achieving more km/L over the gasoline... I wonder why?

I'd love to see a city test run. Worst case scenario testing naman.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Gas fed engines are very efficient when it comes to continuous highway running. However, they take a big hit in terms of fuel economy when driven hard, and also when stuck in traffic.

On the other hand, diesel vehicles don't have as large a variability in consumption regardless of traffic/driving conditions, which is why diesels are consistently better in traffic vs similarly-sized gas engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    The D-Max is the most fuel-efficient in its class but by this much isn't too believable. Results shouldn't be too far off the MU-X with same engine. Manual and lighter body will result in more efficiency but probably by 2-3 km/l only.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Kaka gulat ang D-Max. Mirage 1.2L MT mas malakas uminom ng gasolina kesa 1.6L MT Elantra??

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast