New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Well first thing aside.. this is one unrealistic test lol.

The results are to be published tomorrow. But heres one article about the "test"

http://www.autoindustriya.com/featur...onomy-run.html

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Well first thing aside.. this is one unrealistic test lol.

The results are to be published tomorrow. But heres one article about the "test"

http://www.autoindustriya.com/featur...onomy-run.html

80kph on sctex and tplex? That sacrilege...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Tama lang naman sa midnight sila tumakbo. Imaging the added 70+ cars sa rush hour. Puro reklamo mga tao nyan. Comparison lang kung anong mas ok na car

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    as i understood it, the test was designed to compare relative fuel efficiencies of the various cars, driven under the the exactsame conditions.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    as i understood it, the test was designed to compare relative fuel efficiencies of the various cars, driven under the the exactsame conditions.
    Did you see the road map? Who drives 300km * 80kph in wee hours?

Thats why i prefer jc08 and adr and epa numbers for vehicles. Their testing methodology includes city fuel consumption. Not as slow as our traffic though. Still a better gauge than this rather unrealistic eco run. Interesting nonetheless.

A Tesla would have completed this eco run without any fuel.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008

Thats why i prefer jc08 and adr and epa numbers for vehicles. Their testing methodology includes city fuel consumption. Not as slow as our traffic though. Still a better gauge than this rather unrealistic eco run. Interesting nonetheless.

A Tesla would have completed this eco run without any fuel.
    well, they could have given out the cars for the drivers to use for a week. then, exchange cars for a week, and then so on and so forth...
    afterwards, they can report on the figures.
    not perfect, but... what method is?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The best way to compare like to like is to have a set course with set acceleration markers, stop markers and speeds. Very difficult to achieve equivalent acceleration in real life... as different cars react differently to the same amount of pedal pressure... and cars also have different transmission algorithms. The best you can actually do is to run the cars on a dyno and then add in corrections for wind and tire resistance, as the EPA does it... but that is very, very expensive and time-consuming.

And then add in the cost of retrofitting fuel cells temporarily to make sure fuel use is accurately measured.

I mean, we have the knowhow and equipment to do it here... but how would you get the manufacturers to pay the costs of testing?

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Who drives 300km * 80kph in wee hours?
    Me?
    Me.

While I do sometimes drive faster, if I'm not late for a meeting and I don't really have a set arrival time, I do drive 80 km/h on the NLEX. Sometimes when we are doing an event at Clark or Subic, I will drive a steady 70-80 all the way home via SCTEX-NLEX-SLEX.

Great way to save money... I've gotten over 30 km/l by doing so... of course, I do spend extra on energy drinks to keep awake... but still...
    Last edited by niky; June 14th, 2016 at 01:06 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    So... where did the results go?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast