New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Good day guys/gals!

I have a client who is looking at these two units. Unfortunately, I could not give feedback/s regarding the Carnival since I have no first hand experience with it.

With odyssey, being a sales exec of Honda, i have all praises to it (hehehe) but i dont want to sound bias to my client, and i want to provide her with pros and cons for both units, and that would help her decide which one to get.

Your feedbacks would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    The best difference is that Honda offers a lot better maintenance service.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I hope this side by side comparison of the Honda Odyssey and Kia Carnival will help your friend.

Kia Carnival v Honda Odyssey : Comparison review

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I've checked the Carnival & the front seat is very roomy, very nice. But behind the front seat it feels oddly smaller than the Odyssey, might be because of the headroom.

The Carnival doesn't have a rear camera, so if you're client is driving the car, Odyssey might be better. If he/she is being chauffeured, I hear the Alphard is really cushy & quiet.

Caveat with the Odyssey are: ground clearance might be iffy; reviews mention of stiff, harsh ride on poor road surface; it's really only a 6 seater-unless you put very slim persons on the third row; the head unit & A/C control are will definitely get scratched; and that special A/C condenser is bound to be expensive to replace.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Thanks for the replies!

I was able to share your thoughts with my client and she made a reservation for the Odyssey.

Again, thank you!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I would choose Carnival.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pengmalups View Post
    I would choose Carnival.
    Hi! Thank you for your input! But what's the reason behind choosing the Carnival over Odyssey?

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^ check reviews of various car website in the internet.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Carnival's main ace is the diesel engine. More powerful and more fuel efficient than the Honda K24. Bigger size can either be a boon or a bane depending on who's driving. This one was made to go against the bigger and more expensive USDM Odyssey, so I'd say the JDM Odyssey is a bit outclassed here.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How heavy is the new Asian-spec Odyssey? If it's heavier than the Accord 2.4L, then don't expect good FC out of it. Also, Honda maintenance is not known to be cheap. Since we are talking about 2M+ vehicles out here, you might as well go the extra mile and get something like a CX9, Explorer, Alphard, or a Pajero.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2015 Odyssey or Carnival