New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I have been reading threads these past weeks. I hope you could help me with this one in choosing between the two with the following factors--
    > Engine Performance including body roll, traversing wet and bumpy roads etc.
    > After Sales Service esp. PMS, Availability of parts, Warranty issues
    > NVH
    > Reliability and Dependability. The 2014 US Dependability Study Rating did not feature ratings for the particular above models.
    > Infotainment System
    > Value for money, also Resale Value
    > Practicality in terms of:
    -- Having an old passenger like my parent (ie Ground Clearance),
    -- Carrying heavy loads like 2 sacks of rice etc when coming from the province,
    -- Passable floods with below knee Depth,
    -- Occasional light off-roads like gravel/rocks and sands,
    -- Confidence on the vehicle with regard to seldom accidental running over stray dogs, grazing goats and medium-size debris that fall from trucks etc on the road which do happen. These are all typical scenarios when traveling to the province. The latter happened to me with my Monty and Strada and just had insignificant/minimal effect. I am satisfied with my Mitsus, but I want to try other rides.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    I have been reading threads these past weeks. I hope you could help me with this one in choosing between the two with the following factors--
    > Engine Performance including body roll, traversing wet and bumpy roads etc.
    > After Sales Service esp. PMS, Availability of parts, Warranty issues
    > NVH
    > Reliability and Dependability. The 2014 US Dependability Study Rating did not feature ratings for the particular above models.
    > Infotainment System
    > Value for money, also Resale Value
    -- Having an old passenger like my parent (ie Ground Clearance),
    -- Carrying heavy loads like 2 sacks of rice etc when coming from the province,
    -- Passable floods with below knee Depth,
    -- Occasional light off-roads like gravel/rocks and sands,
    -- Confidence on the vehicle with regard to seldom accidental running over stray dogs, grazing goats and medium-size debris that fall from trucks etc on the road which do happen. These are all typical scenarios when traveling to the province. The latter happened to me with my Monty and Strada and just had insignificant/minimal effect. I am satisfied with my Mitsus, but I want to try other rides.

Thanks!

Based on your specific requirements and pattern you mentioned, coming from Monty and Strada, and you did not mention any issue with ride quality, Chevrolet Trailblazer LTZ suits you better. Especially it's power and torque will be useful for your 2-sacks of rice load.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    trailblazer mas bagay. flood, off road gravels, rocks, sands. at yung 2 sacks of rice and other stuff

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Any news regarding the NVH of the new TB 2014 vs the Sta. Fe? I sometimes hear in mall parking area the throttle of TB, maybe because of the timing chain, perhaps.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    The ground clearance of the TB is also something I consider, I think, in my case, considering my female passengers, is really higher than the Monty even with the step-board... If I wont consider my passenger, I will really go 100% for TB actually...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Can you please give comparison between the two vehicles based on the criteria I gave above? Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeph View Post
    Any news regarding the NVH of the new TB 2014 vs the Sta. Fe? I sometimes hear in mall parking area the throttle of TB, maybe because of the timing chain, perhaps.
    driven both. mas maganda NVH ng sta fe. pati engine tahimik. kung no idea ka ano ang engine, aakalain mong gas sya. tahimik talaga

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    Both are good. But the TBZ outweighs the SF to your requirement.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App via iOS

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    > Engine Performance - 4x2 vs 4x2, same acceleration when you floor it, but the Santa Fe feels a bit more responsive when overtaking

including body roll, - Santa Fe is more steady

traversing wet - Trailblazer has higher ground clearance and better flood fording. But grip on slippery roads, that goes to the Santa Fe.

and bumpy roads etc. - Trailblazer is tougher. Santa Fe more comfy.

> After Sales Service esp. PMS, Availability of parts, Warranty issues - PMS similar, no big warranty issues reported yet for either.

> NVH - Santa Fe is better.

> Reliability and Dependability. The 2014 US Dependability Study Rating did not feature ratings for the particular above models. - They don't sell the Trailblazer in the US, and the Santa Fe there is gasoline only. These are new models, nobody knows yet.

> Infotainment System - Draw. Both are decent, but not truly outstanding.

> Value for money, also Resale Value - Hard to say. New cars. Santa Fe MIGHT have the edge. Or might not.

-- Having an old passenger like my parent (ie Ground Clearance), - Old passengers have a harder time getting in taller cars. The TB is taller, but comes with a stepboard.

-- Carrying heavy loads like 2 sacks of rice etc when coming from the province, - TB

-- Passable floods with below knee Depth, - Both can do knee depth. The TB can do higher. Up to 800mm. The Santa Fe can only do 500mm. While the official wading depth of the TB is 800mm, it can do up to grille level for short stretches. (don't try this at home, though.)

-- Occasional light off-roads like gravel/rocks and sands, - Don't drive a 4x2 into deep sand. Unless you enjoy digging on your hands and knees to place rocks for traction. Both can do light gravel. TB can take more abuse, but the Santa Fe's FWD might give it more traction in the mud.

-- Confidence on the vehicle with regard to seldom accidental running over stray dogs, grazing goats and medium-size debris that fall from trucks etc on the road which do happen. These are all typical scenarios when traveling to the province. The latter happened to me with my Monty and Strada and just had insignificant/minimal effect. I am satisfied with my Mitsus, but I want to try other rides. - TB should be a bit tougher.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    > Engine Performance - 4x2 vs 4x2, same acceleration when you floor it, but the Santa Fe feels a bit more responsive when overtaking

including body roll, - Santa Fe is more steady

traversing wet - Trailblazer has higher ground clearance and better flood fording. But grip on slippery roads, that goes to the Santa Fe.

and bumpy roads etc. - Trailblazer is tougher. Santa Fe more comfy.

> After Sales Service esp. PMS, Availability of parts, Warranty issues - PMS similar, no big warranty issues reported yet for either.

> NVH - Santa Fe is better.

> Reliability and Dependability. The 2014 US Dependability Study Rating did not feature ratings for the particular above models. - They don't sell the Trailblazer in the US, and the Santa Fe there is gasoline only. These are new models, nobody knows yet.

> Infotainment System - Draw. Both are decent, but not truly outstanding.

> Value for money, also Resale Value - Hard to say. New cars. Santa Fe MIGHT have the edge. Or might not.

-- Having an old passenger like my parent (ie Ground Clearance), - Old passengers have a harder time getting in taller cars. The TB is taller, but comes with a stepboard.

-- Carrying heavy loads like 2 sacks of rice etc when coming from the province, - TB

-- Passable floods with below knee Depth, - Both can do knee depth. The TB can do higher. Up to 800mm. The Santa Fe can only do 500mm. While the official wading depth of the TB is 800mm, it can do up to grille level for short stretches. (don't try this at home, though.)

-- Occasional light off-roads like gravel/rocks and sands, - Don't drive a 4x2 into deep sand. Unless you enjoy digging on your hands and knees to place rocks for traction. Both can do light gravel. TB can take more abuse, but the Santa Fe's FWD might give it more traction in the mud.

-- Confidence on the vehicle with regard to seldom accidental running over stray dogs, grazing goats and medium-size debris that fall from trucks etc on the road which do happen. These are all typical scenarios when traveling to the province. The latter happened to me with my Monty and Strada and just had insignificant/minimal effect. I am satisfied with my Mitsus, but I want to try other rides. - TB should be a bit tougher.

Thanks for that Info sir niky. And thanks also to those who replied.
    We will be discussing these with my parents these coming weeks, and will have test drives on both vehicles.
    Hopefully by April, we can have either one of these vehicles. Patapusin muna siguro namin yung Auto Show

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast