New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    I had the same question in November, as I like both of these cars. I suggest you gather as much info from reviews and feedback of present owners, so you can objectively choose between the two. Then go and test drive both cars, whichever feels better for you overall should be the better choice.

This is one very detailed comparo done by professional test drivers.

Here's the detailed comparison review of all premium full size 7-seater crossover SUV.

Three-Row Crossover SUV Comparison - Chevrolet Traverse vs Dodge Durango vs Ford Explorer vs Honda Pilot vs Mazda CX-9 vs Toyota Highlander - Motor Trend

To describe both, I would call Explorer more macho, while CX9 is more sporty.

In the end, I chose CX9 as it's a better deal, made in Japan (I prefer made in Japan than made in US), and I followed an advice of my reliable car mechanic... "Get the best car you like to drive and avoid too much electronics, too much electronics means more costly to maintain and more source of failure." The Yojin3 promo is a bonus.

And my cumulative FC for 95% city (CBD-to-CBD) and 5% hiway is 5.5 km/liter, both by manual and by on-board computer.

Good luck on your choice and let us know what you buy in the end. Both great cars!
    Thanks, I have read this review by motor trend, to be honest because of this kaya ako napaisip. Will pm you sir

2. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Don't quite agree with C&D that the Explorer is that bad on the highway. Obviously, it's big and heavy and not great at twice the speed limit, but it's a brilliant long-distance cruiser. I do agree that the CX9 drives better than any seven-seater has reason to.

Depends on your traffic. In the right (or wrong) traffic, you can get the 3.0 D4D down to 5 km/l, too.

And the interior of CX9 even though outdated still looks premium and well built.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac22 View Post
    And the interior of CX9 even though outdated still looks premium and well built.
    Yup. Seriously under-appreciated car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac22 View Post
    i agree with this, as much as i love my explorer i still think the cx9 has a nice simple solid interior.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yup. Seriously under-appreciated car.
    Not really i think. I see tons of cx9s on the road nowadays. A testament to people appreciating its good looks and value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Not really i think. I see tons of cx9s on the road nowadays. A testament to people appreciating its good looks and value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Also jumping on the late 2012 discounting scheme. P300k off!

Posted from my iPhone

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post

Also jumping on the late 2012 discounting scheme. P300k off!

Posted from my iPhone
    Oh, but not meaning to take anything away from the capability of the CX9. On it's own it is a very potent suv, but the additional discount really made the entry a bit easier.

Posted from my iPhone

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123