New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2013
    Gud Day to all!

newbie here but a long time lurker, pls help to choose from the two car mentioned in the tittle above,
    it will be use primarily as a family car for six person,mostly city driving around laguna area and occasional
    long trips and not everyday car, probably 3 to 4 times a week lng. salamat po..

my concerns are mainly:
    1. parts availability and after sale service
    2. ride comfort
    3. RELIABILITY ofcourse

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    EXPLORER.... but waiting list is long but not as long as when it first came out.

On the other hand if CX9, meron sila yung 3 year free parts & labor for your PMS (Yojin3 promo).

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1. parts availability and after sale service - One car is built in Japan, the other in the US. Parts are not going to be as easy to get as for Thai-made cars. Nor will they be as easy to get as for cheaper cars. Most stores here do not carry a stock of replacement parts for cars costing over 2m.

2. ride comfort - Both are very good. The CX9 is stiffer, but rides very well despite this.

3. RELIABILITY - The CX9 is mechanically simpler, and there are issues with software glitches for the MyFordTouch, but since both are brand new, any issues will be covered under warranty.

-

The Explorer has a bigger and more comfortable cabin, and is slightly more economical. The CX9, on the other hand, feels more Germanic, and drives a whole lot better. It's a lot sportier than the Explorer. The choice between the two depends on personal preference.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I have the benefit of having owned these two cars. Niky is correct about both.mif you want driving pleasure and are willing to sacrifice a bit of space and tech toys then get the cx9 ( i know there will be a facelift soon ). But if you want space, luxury, tech toys galore and a more macho look, then get the Explorer.

The Cx9 has slightly less horsepower but feels faster due to throttle response and a bit more torque. Its manual mode is a bit better as well (vs the cheesy rocker switch on the Explorer). It drives and handles noticeably better.

The explorer gets about 15 -20% fuel economy... Which on these cars isnt much as the cx9 gets about 4km/l and the explorer gets about 5km/l.

The explorer is newer though and has dual sun roofs, active cruise control, more safety features, will brake the car for you if youre about to get into a collision, will parallel park for you, power everything including lift gate and third row seats, nicer graphics and displays, and looks really nice and modern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    Thank you so much for the quick reply, the yojin3 mazda is offering now is so good, three years free of labor and parts,
    And the cx9 is cheaper a bit, they have a 200k discount for the 2012 daw? Kaya lang when i saw one explorer in slex
    Hanep ang porma, whoow hirap! Nag search din ako sa internet ng mga reviews, seems like parang madami magagandang
    Reviews ang cx9 compared to explorer??? That is why I am having second thought sa expy.

By the way guys ang choice ko is the fwd sa mazda then sa expy naman is the 2.0l ecoboost.

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    Thanks again guys, keep it comin para mas madmi idea!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    takaw sa gas ang explorer..pero kung mayaman ka naman okey na okey ito...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    CX9 for me, the kodo design face lift was already launched sa MIAS. Actually, both the ecoboost limited and CX9 were there...mas type ko yung sportier CX9.

9. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    takaw sa gas ang explorer..pero kung mayaman ka naman okey na okey ito...
    I am currently using a 2010 fort 2.7 vvti fc is a bit similar, im getting 6.7kpl city driving

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac22 View Post
    I am currently using a 2010 fort 2.7 vvti fc is a bit similar, im getting 6.7kpl city driving
    On a very bad day in the city, my Explo can go for 4.5 km/l. But on the average, it's about 5.5 km/l. Pag highway naman it's around 8 km/l.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast