New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You're never ever going to miss that extra torque. 0-100 times for the MT and AT Strada are nearly identical. The Strada has way more torque than grip, and once you're moving at highway speeds, the extra low-rpm torque doesn't matter at all (you'll be at high rpm already).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    how about the FC of both trucks?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ Halos pareho lang yan. Pero kung heavy loading parati, lamang yung Hilux.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    With 500cc less displacement, If driven conservatively, shouldn't the Strada be getting better gas mileage? You know, like with the case of the Santa Fe/Sorento CRDi?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    With 500cc less displacement, If driven conservatively, shouldn't the Strada be getting better gas mileage? You know, like with the case of the Santa Fe/Sorento CRDi?
    My ginawa na kasing trial yung C! Magazine before, I was surprised na napakalapit ng Fc nilang dalawa. But that was before the VGT. So maybe FC goes to the strada on a light to moderate loading. But if heavy loading nga, the 3.0 with VNT wil get the upper hand since the turbo spools up faster and you get less strain for the engine as well due to the natural power of a 3.0 liter engine vs. a forced induction reliant 2.5.

If stuck in traffic and many idling time, FC goes to the Strada as well.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Perhaps sir you can give us more info like where do you plan to use it. Whats your normal route? Do you plan to load up the truck on a daily basis? How many kilos on a average do you intend to carry?

Had talked to a owner of a bike shop loading his brand new hilux with new bikes still inside the boxes. He had choosen hilux mainly because it has the longest bed among the japanese brands. He can maximize his trip by carrying 1 to 2 boxes more. Talked to a strada owner, he opted for strada because of its height since he lives in malabon(puede sugod sa baha). He also mentioned he doesnt carry that much load thats why he opted to get himself a strada, tama lang daw yun bed space ng strada for him for his occassional loading of his stuffs.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Tried my cousins hilux before, for my normal route and loads the hilux G matic is only getting 5 to 6 km/liter. Compared a 2.5 vgt matic with the same route and load im getting a better FC with 7 to 8 km/liter. But im guessing during constant speed run the bigger engine will get a better FC.

But sir TS those are matics, im sure you will be getting alot better FC with a manual.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Both ATs will get 5-7 km/l in traffic, from my experience. Very little difference, if at all. 4x4 and nearly two tons of truck will do that.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Question lang mga sir, pareho po ba maselan sa diesel ang dalawang to? baka ang gusto nito euro4 na diesel? plano kasi namin i destino sa probinsya yung pick up if ever

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeepy View Post
    Question lang mga sir, pareho po ba maselan sa diesel ang dalawang to? baka ang gusto nito euro4 na diesel? plano kasi namin i destino sa probinsya yung pick up if ever
    Nope, they are not. Euro 2 diesel okay lang as lng as walang water contaminant. I suggest you find a very good fuel filter sa province like bosch, OEM would also do or Vic at the least.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2012 Toyota Hilux G 4x4 M/T vs 2012 Mitsubishi Strada 4x4 GLS Sport M/T