New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    The forester 2.0xs is not that underpowered. The 1st gear is so large, it can haul ass uphill, to baguio, tagaytay or Shangri-la parking, else you wouldn't hear the end of it in the forums. :P

For FC, its around 6 - 7km/l in traffic, 9 - 10km/l in highways, acceptable for an SUV w/ 2.0L engine. you'll find it quite similar to the 2.0L Sportage, only that it eats diesel, w/c is cheaper. Anyways, kahit ano naman SUVs na 2.0L engine, most likely, yan ang FC.
    Honestly, don't expect 8km/l for city driving in a 2.0L SUV, unless you use it only on Sundays, or go Skyway.

For PMS, Kia and Subaru costs the same. Although you need to PMS your Sportage 2x for every 1x of the Forester. So split the costs.
    As long as walang nasisira sa Subaru/Kia mo, you'll be fine, maliit lng gastos mo sa PMS, sorta.
    Pag may nasira, both are expensive to repair in Casa. Just go to Banawe to find that part. But, wala naman major na nasisira sa Forester at the first 100k kms, after that, syempre may mga bumibigay na na parts. Most likely, magkakaroon na ng aftermarket parts.

For the headlight, ask other brands w/ projector headlamps, you'll find them at almost the same P90k quotation, although, I saw a receipt from an insurance, naging P80k na lng sya.

For me, eto lng yun, what SUV can you find that's 4wd and costs only 1.3M, Forester lng ata.

Oh yeah, Nissan and Subaru has the same brand of airconditioner, Calsonic ata yon. Malamiggg aircon!!!

Saw your post in the other thread about the PMS costs.
    Try this tomorrow.
    Call up Subaru and Kia casa.
    Ask for PMS (labor) costs for 10k, 20k, 30k, 40k, 50k for Forester
    Ask for PMS (labor) costs for 5k, 10k, 15k, 30k, 35k, 40k, 45k, 50k, 55k for Sportage.

For both cars,
    Ask for price of oil x how many liters
    Ask for Labor costs for every check up
    Ask for Timing belt, Alternator belts, Belt tensioner costs + labor
    Ask for Shock absorber costs
    Ask for Tie rod end cost
    Ask for Engine support bushings and transmission bushings
    Ask for Transmission oil costs
    Ask for oil filter, air filter, brake fluid costs
    Ask for brake pads

For Subaru, ask for Differential oil costs
    For Subaru, ask for spark plug costs
    For Subaru, Ask for Radiator fan + aircon fan( behind the radiator)
    For Kia, ask for injector costs <- doubt you'll replace it before you sell ur car, but doesn't hurt to ask.
    For Kia, ask for fuel filter costs
    For Kia, ask for Radiator fan costs.

+ Liha, basahan, Labor pa per PMS.

Most likely, yan lng papalitan mo at the first 100k kms ownership. You'll know PMS costs after that call. Should take around 30 mins of your time. At least, Casa na nagsabi sa iyo. Let us know what you find out ha.

Kia Pasay: 834-1278
    MotorImage Global: 822-9898
    Last edited by istan; December 27th, 2012 at 02:08 AM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung ako lang naman, kukuha lang ako ng Forester kung XT. If not, iba nalang. The gen 4 CR-V is there.

Sa Sportage ako. So far our Sportage travelled 22,8xxkm. No major issues. PMS is cheaper compared to Honda amd Subaru even if I use Motul motor oil. Pero gas kasi yun Sportage namin. Since diesel yun option mo, hindi ka talaga magsisisi dyan. Yung Tucson at Santa Fe ko CRDi, sobra tulin, matipid pa. Sa Santa Fe I can manage 9.8km/L city driving. Malamang kaya rin yan ng Sportage.

Basta ang alam ko maganda talaga handling ng Subaru. Mahal lang parts pero sure kang matibay. Maski naman ang Korean cars ngayon wala na ako doubts. Except for their small cars, yun Accent at Rio hatch sakitsa ulo.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by gabster_26 View Post
    Understood :D saw nga that you use it as your daily driver, which is what I plan to do with the vehicle I get. What was the ultimate deciding factor for you in picking the Forester?
    Nothing scientific - I just liked it better.

I was 80% leaning towards the Sportage CRDi (diesel is cheaper, I loved it's more "modern" looks, Sportage was cheaper then because Subaru had yet to give the discounts it's giving now, the only con being that everyone I knew had concerns about its rep. Let's just say my friends and co-workers aren't the adventurous sort when it comes to cars as they own mostly Toyotas/Hondas except the bosses who have the European cars and the Subarus - Forester FXT, Legacy and WRX. It's only recently that some went Korean - one got a Sta. Fe, another an Elantra and finally a Sportage CRDi at around the time I got my Forester).

I had already advised my SA at Motor Image that I would like a refund of my reservation. When I went to Greenhills to get the refund, I decided to do a final test drive of both the XV and the Forester, loved the feel and the ride of the Forester and ended up buying it!

Here's the thread I made on my dilemma - http://tsikot.com/forums/car-compari...non-vgt-89569/

Folks here at Tsikot are always helpful in giving their points of view, but in the end, you have to follow your heart
    Last edited by April_Ryan; December 27th, 2012 at 10:58 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    What is this Vietnamese gibberish on our thread? lol.

I remember reading your thread a few months back, I still recognize it...glad to know that you went with what made you happy. I've been thinking about it more and as of this moment it looks like the Forester's in the lead. Spoke with our purchasing manager din and he highly recommended the Forester - drive, quality, and gas consumption raw won't be so bad if di raw ung mabigat ung paa mo sa accelerator.

But that donut spare in the Forester still bothers me (though it's not a dealbreaker). Naflat-an na ba kayo sa Forester? How is the performance of that donut spare? Nasabugan kasi ako ng tire sa La Union (as in shredded ung rubber) so that hard experience taught me the value of a top-quality spare tire na pwede ko ibyahe ng malayuan kung kailangan. Kaya na-aattract din ako sa Sportage kasi full-on fifth wheel ung spare tire nya.

Or bili na lang kaya ako ng bagong fifth wheel na spare tire

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *istan

Pretty comprehensive list there! Sige I will call and see what info I can get from them. Malamang ipapakausap ako ng SA ko sa mekaniko nila. Those are good questions worth asking - if I can't call I'm going to go there personally...

But that donut spare in the Forester still bothers me (though it's not a dealbreaker). Naflat-an na ba kayo sa Forester? How is the performance of that donut spare? Nasabugan kasi ako ng tire sa La Union (as in shredded ung rubber) so that hard experience taught me the value of a top-quality spare tire na pwede ko ibyahe ng malayuan kung kailangan. Kaya na-aattract din ako sa Sportage kasi full-on fifth wheel ung spare tire nya.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "donut" spare. But the tire itself is the same, meaning Bridgestone Duelers (same size as the main tires). Di lang mags.

I already blew a tire, but only used the spare for a day (less than 20 kms). Bought another tire the day after.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Yeah, that's what I meant - a non-mag spare tire. Did you find the rim's performance ok naman?

Looks like it's going to be the Forester na talaga.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ah! Just go to the service advisor. He'll pull out previous records of Foresters done w/ those mileages. Done it before na. Hehe!

*istan

Pretty comprehensive list there! Sige I will call and see what info I can get from them. Malamang ipapakausap ako ng SA ko sa mekaniko nila. Those are good questions worth asking - if I can't call I'm going to go there personally...
    For the donut spare, it functions as a normal tire. Di lng nga japorms.
    Size is the same as all your tires.
    You can buy a spare rim if you like. There's bound to be someone who's gonna sell.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Spare rim isn't a donut. It's a steel rim with the same tire as the other four. No need to worry about it on highways unlike a skinny donut tire.

Quote Originally Posted by tr1ck5h07 View Post
    Spare rim isn't a donut. It's a steel rim with the same tire as the other four. No need to worry about it on highways unlike a skinny donut tire.
    yes, i agree, it's inaccurate to call it a "donut" tire.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
2012 Subaru Forester 2.0 XS vs. 2013 Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDi?