New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, the traffic in EDSA really is a pain. My first full tank for the Xtrail CVT only got 5.2km/L, 100% city driving considering I'm an economical driver. Di ko naramdaman si Xtronic. I thought they reduced the buses because of the number coding, but it seems the buses in EDSA increased even more!

For the topic, if you're driving most of the time, Sonata and Accord are the choices. If you are the passenger, Camry and Teana. Or you could wait for the new Camry. US reviews says it drives better than the Sonata.
    Last edited by sachiel; March 28th, 2012 at 06:23 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    It really depends on the route as my FC comes from 90% city 10% highway driving. My driving style is pretty conservative on the gas.. however, I won't hesitate to floor the pedal if I'm pissed at X jeepney stopping in front of me. I don't shoulder the gas bills after all *wink*

Just last week I ranged 5.4km/L.. thanks to horrible EDSA and Ortigas Avenue experiences. Banawe -> EDSA -> Ortigas took 2 hours while Greenhills -> Ortigas Ave. Extension -> Ortigas took 30minutes on two separate trips. I wasn't able to gauge whether FC was better post-breakin as I've installed my ICE setup just the day after my 1,000km PMS.

What I would complain about is that I wish they would change the gearing of the 4th, 5th, and 6th gears respectively. The fourth gear is too short and 90% of the time you'll find yourself in the 5th gear during Sunday drivings. The 6th gear kicks in at 70km/h which I feel is a tad bit too early. I would have liked it at around 80km/h to lower my RPM during highway drives where I steady at 100km/h (6th gear 2,000RPM on the Theta II)

As a family, we don't really worry about gas bills. If we do, we wouldn't have two Expeditions with bulletproofing (3-4km/L on city anyone?). But we do compute for average gas consumption just for the fun of it. My previous Mazda3's gas consumption is actually around that thanks to the weight being carried by the 1.6L engine. Revving while driving the 1.6L Mazda is NOT rare at all. More often than not, I find myself touching the 4k RPM range just to satisfy my need of a "fast" start -- something that I really noticed when jumping to the 2.4L bandwagon.
    Naks. What kind of Expeditions ?

I know someone who have 2 Expeds that are bulletproofed too. Baka ikaw yun ? Ha-ha ! Joke.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you want to save some money, get the Camry 2.4V with the P250K discount. Use the money saved for gas, or a better set of rims. Of course, do not expect to stand out in a crowd, even with the much better looking 20" set. and do not expect the drive to be on the exciting side. If you have a driver, ok lang 'to IMO.

If you want to stand out, I'd say Sonata. I agree with jhnkvn's comments on his ride.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    If you want to save some money, get the Camry 2.4V with the P250K discount. Use the money saved for gas, or a better set of rims. Of course, do not expect to stand out in a crowd, even with the much better looking 20" set. and do not expect the drive to be on the exciting side. If you have a driver, ok lang 'to IMO.

If you want to stand out, I'd say Sonata. I agree with jhnkvn's comments on his ride.

I think it is 200K for the V and 250K for G & Q.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Uy si IMm29. No wonder the name sounds familiar.. I've seen you in other forums din. I'm the younger brother of -Andrew- in Autoindustriya.. might evoke some nostalgia there

*thread
    Check here.. for the new refreshed Camry: http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...a-camry-85905/. Looks good actually although I haven't checked US reviews yet (I remember them being positive though..). Might be worth the wait til the new midsized sedans arrive. I wouldn't worry about the time as Toyota Philippines is pretty generous in giving us up-to-date vehicles as long as they sell like hotcakes (not Vios-type of sales but Camry's the undisputed king in the midsize sedan category afterall)

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post

Wow! Laki pala ng discount sa Camry ngayon! Maganda na ang dating niyan kapag nilagyan mo ng dual exhaust like with the V6 variant and bigger rims. Since it is a bit down on the power department compared to the rest of the lot, also wouldn't hurt to install some basic mods .

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No need for the dual exhaust + bigger rims for the V6 Camry. Everything's perfect sa V6 variant.

Naalala ko tuloy nung nilagyan lang ng 45k worth NOS ng Speedlab yung 3.5Q Camry. Naging 299WHP.

Hehehehe.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    No need for the dual exhaust + bigger rims for the V6 Camry. Everything's perfect sa V6 variant.

Naalala ko tuloy nung nilagyan lang ng 45k worth NOS ng Speedlab yung 3.5Q Camry. Naging 299WHP.

Hehehehe.
    Yun bang V6 variant may malaking discount din?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yun bang V6 variant may malaking discount din?
    250k AFAIK.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Parang kasasabi lang ni retz yung discount sa Q tapos tanong ulit?

Nakaka enganyo yang 3.5Q

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast